McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this? My exhaust pipes are turning yellow -should have gone for the stealth pack maybe....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Anyone else have this? My exhaust pipes are turning yellow -should have gone for the stealth pack maybe....
Obviously from the heat.. but wonder if the heat would cause the black paint with the stealth pack option to flake after a while because of the heat. Anyone with the stealth pack having any issues with their exhaust appearance?

·
Registered
983 Posts
No issues with the stealth pack - it's like a ceramic coating - and that stuff isn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have issues with staining of the tips as well. On my list of things for the dealer to address.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Isnt it supposed to get some patina!?! Standard or Inconel?

My inconel stealth looks good with some minor flaking at the edges. The pipes are really quite raw (as it should be IMO) unfinished ends of the exhaust, the tips are really the wider finished opening - and mine are perfect.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Come on guys this is fire breathing ballistic super car with an internal combustion thingy. Scalextric it ain't .

·
Registered
886 Posts
^^This

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Come on guys this is fire breathing ballistic super car with an internal combustion thingy. Scalextric it ain't .
never bothered to keep the tips of my 997tt clean untill i wanted to sell it! Im sure its just because of the eyeline guys are not used to thats the issue,clean it or leave it,its not a fault.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have just placed my spec., confirmed my order, car due August, and was advised by McLaren London to include the stealth pack, because the normal exhaust will tarnish. This therefore is a known problem, however, I agree that normally exhausts are lower down the car and go un-noticed (I have included stealth in the order).
-----------------------------
Current
Lotus elise supercharged, Jaguar xkr supercharged
past
lotus elise (2), Jag xj6, lotus elan, lotus elan+2, lotus elan special, lotus elite, lotus esprit, MGB GT, midget

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Stealth finish - also known as lazy sod finish because it hides the dis-colored exhausts plus the brake dust doesn't show on the wheels

1 - 15 of 15 Posts