McLaren Life banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Car forum posters fall for these types of postings all the time . The original posters aren’t looking for solutions …. They are usually trying to create an environment to get freebies or they didn’t get their way and try to tee it up for others to pile on .

27k miles in 3 years where a person can’t drive in the winters is a lot of miles driven /used …. Complaint about brake pads at 27k miles says it all .

If he got freebie brake pads then he doesn’t even make this posting…. I wish I could get freebies too at 27k miles
Unmac I was hoping you wouldn't come on here with your Mr. know it all attitude but I guess I was wrong. You have good information about the cars but you arrogance diminishes that aspect. You like to attack anyone who complains about Mclaren as if you have stock or own the company. We get it, your a rich snob who always wants to sound like the smartest person in the room. I wonder if you have any real friends?? You can ignore this post and move on to insulting someone else.

As for a freebie, I paid full price for my car, service it at my dealer, and bought the ESC! Mclaren has never given me anything for free I have never asked for 1. My brakes started squealing about 2 years ago and was hoping they would do something about a 1 year old car with this problem. It got worse and they didn't so I fixed it myself.

AND IF I WAS LOOKING FOR A FREEBIE WHY WOULD I MENTION MY BRAKES AFTER I ALREADY PAID TO FIX THE PROBLEM?? This post wasn't even about my brakes!! DUH.

I drive my car year round as long as it its not raining or snow/salt on the roads. So stop talking about something you don't know!!

·
Vendor
1,157 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not judging your dealer because i have no knowledge of them - you didn’t even mention their name - but i do agree that working with the right person on the service side makes all the difference. Not even talking about freebies - communication, transparency, and the sense that they are doing everything reasonable to help you is all i personally ask for. From my experiences and those of friends, you do have to search around to find that one dealer (or even SA) that you click with. Mclaren dealers seem to have a huge disparity in attitude, approach and training when it comes to their staff.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am sorry to read about your experience. Between McLaren and Tesla I am not sure why I continue to buy cars from companies that seemingly actively despise their customers, but yet here I am.
Intermittent issues like these are what made us sell our car out of frustration. At some point, enough is enough.

Reactions: Gqa and restosud

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Generic walbro / bosch pump inside
Thanks my friend for taking the time to post this! But according to my dealer the previous fuel pump has been recalled by Mclaren. That includes the one that was in my car. My car was delivered in 2019 the same year as the car this pump is from. The part # in the listing is 14K0079CP. The new part # is 14KA113CP. I think al of us should be aware of this.

I will keep this listing in case I get really desperate. They said the new pump will be in on the 28th so my fingers are crossed. At this point I'd rather get the right part in but if what they say isn't true, I'll have to do what I have to do to salvage the rest of the summer driving season!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The fuel pump might not be a part normally in a dealer’s inventory but take a chance and contact dealers here and in Europe.
Yes, I have. I contacted David on this forum and I reached out to a contact in the UK that can get OEM Mac parts. So far nothing yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Unmac I was hoping you wouldn't come on here with your Mr. know it all attitude but I guess I was wrong. You have good information about the cars but you arrogance diminishes that aspect. You like to attack anyone who complains about Mclaren as if you have stock or own the company. We get it, your a rich snob who always wants to sound like the smartest person in the room. I wonder if you have any real friends?? You can ignore this post and move on to insulting someone else.

As for a freebie, I paid full price for my car, service it at my dealer, and bought the ESC! Mclaren has never given me anything for free I have never asked for 1. My brakes started squealing about 2 years ago and was hoping they would do something about a 1 year old car with this problem. It got worse and they didn't so I fixed it myself.

AND IF I WAS LOOKING FOR A FREEBIE WHY WOULD I MENTION MY BRAKES AFTER I ALREADY PAID TO FIX THE PROBLEM?? This post wasn't even about my brakes!! DUH.

I drive my car year round as long as it its not raining or snow/salt on the roads. So stop talking about something you don't know!!
LOL's. People on car forums say whatever they want without context. This is why there is only 10 people posting on these forums. The rest have left or don't want to participate with people posting things like this.

27K miles in 3 years... Jeez.

I'm wondering if people really don't understand how foolish they look when they post things like this on car forums (and I mean all car forums). It's like people have been hiding in a cave when they complain about part supplies for the last two years. Some mistakenly think that somehow posting things anonymously on car forums changes some type of behavior by dealers/manufactures.

Thanks for warning the greater community though. I'm sure everyone is dumping their cars based on your posting and the cars are just sitting on parking lots.

• Haha
Reactions: invisiblewave

·
Registered
14 Posts
ON June 26th, My car, which was on display at an event with another forum members 570 GT, would not start!! Found out it was the fuel pump. It was so late I had to leave my car at the place and have it towed in the morning. Embarrassing but hey shit happens! It's a Mclaren!!

What really has me pissed is they don't have the part available anywhere in the world!! I ordered and purchased my car brand new, 2020 720s Spider. I have had so many issues with this car but I still love it! I have dealt with most of the 720s issues mentioned on this forum and the dealer has sorted out most. I drive my car every chance I get, 27K miles in 3 years. I even had a horrible brake squealing and low pitched howling noise that the Mclaren rep said was normal. It was so loud my wife would not ride in the car with me because it was so embarrassing. I paid out of pocket almost $4k to replace the pads. This is right after I forked over $3k for service and almost $11k for the ESC which IMO is worthless if they don't have the part within a timely manner. They're saying the ETA is July 28th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

So I have not been able to use my car for almost 4 weeks and counting in the middle of the summer and its my birthday month!! Everyone who knows me knows I have been a Mclaren spokesperson refuting so much of the negativity about the Macs in person and online so this is a big slap in the face! My friends who aren't even car people feel sorry for me because they know how much I enjoy driving my car. smh! I know I'm going to be happy when I get my car back but its hard for me to envision buying another Mac. I could list all the issues I've had but ya'll heard it all before.

For the record, my car is completely stock and it has always been serviced at the dealer.

Is anyone else on here waiting for a fuel pump?
Hi, if you face any issues in the future procuring parts, we may be able to assist. Just fill out the form on the below link and we should be able to get information on availability within 1 business day

McLaren Original Parts | AutoProDiagnostics

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
LOL's. People on car forums say whatever they want without context. This is why there is only 10 people posting on these forums. The rest have left or don't want to participate with people posting things like this.

27K miles in 3 years... Jeez.

I'm wondering if people really don't understand how foolish they look when they post things like this on car forums (and I mean all car forums). It's like people have been hiding in a cave when they complain about part supplies for the last two years. Some mistakenly think that somehow posting things anonymously on car forums changes some type of behavior by dealers/manufactures.

Thanks for warning the greater community though. I'm sure everyone is dumping their cars based on your posting and the cars are just sitting on parking lots.
So according to you a legitimate owner and 1 who loves his car like I do should never complain about any issues with his car?? I mean where else would one go to share his happiness and sometimes pain of ownership of these cars?? I thought with other owners. Please show me where I said anything about selling their McLaren's?? You sound foolish and ignorant!

Your head is so far up your own ass cave you can't even empathize with others. But none was expected from you anyway Sooo Why don't you take your own advice and STFU and move on..jeez

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
After many many years ( I'm old ) of buying Lambo, Ferrari, Mclaren, etc I have
adopted this policy. If either the car or the service department does not measure up
to my expectations I get rid of both and move on. Yes sometimes it cost you money but in the long run you will be a much happier person.
Example. I bought a new Ferrari Roma. Had issues almost from the beginning. Could not get the service department to call me back. Had to chase them. When I
did get through they sounded like a bunch of idiots. Tried to get the GM on the
phone and he would not take my call! After spending in excess of $300k this is how I got treated. BTW, Ferrari of Central Florida if anyone wants to know. So I FIRED them. NO more Ferrari ever. Life is too short to put up with that kind of arrogance.
Bought a 720s from Orlando Mclaren and what a difference. This company knows how to treat customers and their service dept is tops!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Yes I very well aware of the world wide shortage but with all the issues I/we deal with you think they'd be more considerate. For example they could've easily swapped out my brake pads at no charge which would went a long way towards good will! I keep playing by their rules, paying at every corner and I still end up like this. I guess this is the straw that broke my back!
Some of this is a dealer issue. I wouldn't hold McLaren responsible for poor service and goodwill unless you know they've been contacted and declined to do anything for you.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Just an update to my situation.

My dealer still has not received the fuel pump! I was told it was back in stock and it was scheduled to be delivered to the dealer on the July 28th and we discussed me picking up my car on the 29th (Friday).

Auto Pro Diagnostics, who reached out to me on this thread, confirmed the part was back in stock and they could get it for me but it would take a few days to process and ship. I let me dealer know that I could get the part and offered to buy it myself but they said they were concerned that the part may not be the latest version and they could not warranty it, despite it being an OEM Mac part. THEN I was told the part was not going to be delivered on the 28th but that Mclaren was shipping it on the 28th, another delay! I expected the dealer to get it this week to no avail. After going back and forth via email I discovered they don't even have a tracking # and apparently the part has never shipped from the UK! So 6 weeks later I still have no idea when I'll get my car back!

I decided to order the part from Auto Pro Diagnostics and hope they can get it here much quicker. My annual car show is on the 14th and I don't even know if I'll have my car for my own show?? This is crazy!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
As written before: change the dealer. I consider it very unprofessional how they deal with you. There is nothing worse than creating a false expectation over and over again. And I doubt that your dealer has a good and close relationship with the factory in Woking...

21 - 40 of 44 Posts