McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard great things about this update, but it is costly from what I hear.

·
Vendor
90 Posts
I heard great things about this update, but it is costly from what I hear.
New Iris is much more user friendly with some additional features like voice control (still needs work), streaming Bluetooth, "Apps" like Google search engine, "Tune-In" (think I Heart Radio App), and weather. New Navigation features include multiple voice options, we prefer "Kate" UK English for our guidance. New 2014 12C's are delivered with a Iris Price of $7,200, so the upgrade charge bridges the gap of new system and original Iris charge in 2012 and 2013.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Limey, really? Hondas and Toyotas still charge a bunch for there sat nav. On order of 2500 or so...

What cars/brands are offering free satnav?

Personally, I hope this does happen as the prices they are charging for these systems or extremely detached from reality, considering in most cases an iPhone does a better job.

·
Owner
893 Posts
jkheit,
I looked at a lowly little 2014 Mazda 3 ...... Sat Nav is standard equipment. My friend's son looked at a Subaru BRZ .... It has voice activated navigation as standard equipment, also.
If these guys do it .... I'm certain there are others.
Like I said, companies like McLaren, Lambo, BMW, etc. love to mercilessly hose their customers. :D

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
The new IRIS is awesome. I'd highly recommend it. Bluetooth audio works great. Bluetooth phone works great. Nav is vastly improved. I noticed a "USB stick" update option in one of the menus. Hopefully they'll let owners download updates to their own USB sticks and apply them as they come out with software improvements and hopefully they'll do that quite often.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I don't remember anyone putting a gun to my head to buy this marvelous vehicle, and yes expensive cars do demand expensive accessories. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'm waiting on a quote for the collection to do my car...

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
New Iris is much more user friendly with some additional features like voice control (still needs work), streaming Bluetooth, "Apps" like Google search engine, "Tune-In" (think I Heart Radio App), and weather. New Navigation features include multiple voice options, we prefer "Kate" UK English for our guidance. New 2014 12C's are delivered with a Iris Price of $7,200, so the upgrade charge bridges the gap of new system and original Iris charge in 2012 and 2013.
Tell me how to find Kate,i hate reading manuals (not true) But it would save me time,thanks in advance
Plus it would wind up the wife cronic !!.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Kate hangs out with Doris. They will probably be at the Old Bull and Duck tonight early doors.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Was there a $1k price drop? I paid $3650 i think.

lc

1 - 20 of 120 Posts