2013 Spider
Volcano Yellow
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
862 Posts
It's not possible.

I had the dealer insert a piece of foam inside this vent (their suggestion) which fixed the problem.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I don't mind the big round patch, I sometimes draw pictures in it!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not possible.

I had the dealer insert a piece of foam inside this vent (their suggestion) which fixed the problem.
Is it a hard peice of foam or a Soft foam?
Does any Air come out of it Now?
Do you Remove it during the Winter Months?
Thanks Jerry
Steve

·
Registered
862 Posts
Is it a hard peice of foam or a Soft foam? .... Sorry, not sure.
Does any Air come out of it Now? ..... Negligible, but it has zero impact on the operation of the AC.
Do you Remove it during the Winter Months?.... AC is required here all year round so the piece of foam is a permanent fixture, I've never considered removing it.

I know a lot of folks don't like having vents and bits of dash removed due to the potential rattles that will follow but I haven't had such problems and would highly recommend this for anyone living in a hot and humid climate. I've not had any condensation on the windscreen since it was done (and it was 40 deg C and 80% humidity ish yesterday).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dash vent

Is it a hard peice of foam or a Soft foam? .... Sorry, not sure.
Does any Air come out of it Now? ..... Negligible, but it has zero impact on the operation of the AC.
Do you Remove it during the Winter Months?.... AC is required here all year round so the piece of foam is a permanent fixture, I've never considered removing it.

I know a lot of folks don't like having vents and bits of dash removed due to the potential rattles that will follow but I haven't had such problems and would highly recommend this for anyone living in a hot and humid climate. I've not had any condensation on the windscreen since it was done (and it was 40 deg C and 80% humidity ish yesterday).
Thanks for the upshot
Steve

·
Registered
715 Posts
In get a patch of fog as well. However it is on the outside as the wiper wipes it.

I closed the center turbine vent and it was smaller. Didn't think about the other vent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts