McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything on dealership expansion plans? I know the expansion is coming leading up to the P13 release in 2015, but any idea on locations, or when locations might be announced?

I had put my speculation for a Boston area dealership by Herb Chambers below in a thread from July / August. For me Boston holds the most interest as it's the closest plausible location to me (and it's all about me, right :D ) but it would be great to see what others are getting / finding for info. I went digging around over the weekend and didn't find anything particular to Boston, but folks more in the know than I am had indicated that Boston was on the list.

Just doing some digging and the three McLaren coupes sitting in various Herb Chambers locations in MA might make a bit more sense... I looked at the VO one and was told all three of these cars were purchased as personal cars by executives and then all traded for spiders. Could these be the feeder used / McQualified inventory for a Herb Chambers McLaren Dealership somewhere near Boston?

From: http://www.coveritlive.com/index2.php?option=com_altcaster&task=viewaltcast&altcast_code=48ff1caff7&ipod=y

"Comment From Dave :: I'm surprised that you weren't listed as a Mclaren dealership? Will you be opening one since you are such a big fan?

Herb Chambers:: Hi Dave, the closest McLaren dealer in Miller Motors in CT and we have an application in to become a McLaren dealership in the Boston area and Northern New England. You are correct I am a HUGE fan!"

Granted that conversation was from 2012 but it begs the question... Conspiracy theory, fact, or an indication that I need a new hobby? :D

-nh4.
Thanks,

-Jamie.

·
Vendor
90 Posts
Current North American Network: "Original 10" Philadelphia, Greenwich, Miami, Tampa, Dallas, Chicago, Newport Beach, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, Toronto. New for 2013: Long Island, Atlanta, Vancouver, Washington DC. With the introduction of P13, I think you will see the Dealer Network fill out nicely over the next few years. I believe that The "F" guys have 36 Outlets in NA.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Houston!!!! Fourth largest city in the US! Come on!!

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Not to make light of your struggle, but Houston is only somewhat inconveniently served by the Dallas dealer that is less than 250 miles away. There are other markets that are 10-14 hours drive from an existing McLaren retailer and it makes a bit of sense to try and fill those gaps first. Imagine owning a 12C in Seattle, or Denver which I've just mentioned.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
432 Posts
Valid point but, they would probably sell more cars in Houston than Seattle and Denver combined.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Scottsdale has cars in the showroom already - image taken today by Jameson Apodaca:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1 Posts
A dealer in Houston would get me off the fence. I could finally be driving instead of lurking this forum.

·
Registered
144 Posts
DMK, I bought my car in Dallas. I live in NJ. There is a huge reason to get "off the fence" now, why wait! You're just spoiling your own fun! Thing is amazing, you will have no regrets

·
Registered
432 Posts
A dealer in Houston would get me off the fence. I could finally be driving instead of lurking this forum.
I know at least three people just like you in Houston. And, I don't really know "anybody".

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They need more in the mid-west. I have every exotic car dealer near me, including Bugatti. Clearly everyone else thinks it's a good market...
Same here... Most of the exotics have a dealer near NYC and Boston... NYC has the two Miller locations (Greenwich and Long Island) so I'm hoping McLaren follows suit and opens one up near Boston... Preferably North of Boston... Like in New Hampshire... Ok, so I get that the last part is unlikely :D

-Jamie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts