McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2019 600LT
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has experience with dealers and aftermarket downpipes? I bought a set of Soul catted downpipes and am debating on installing. Anybody have a dealer who is cool with this mod? All I am looking for is better sound not more power but I don't want to have to put the stock pipes back on every time the car has to go to the dealer...

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a Novitech exhaust and tune on my 600LT, but have not had it in for service yet. Everything I have read has indicated that McLaren will void the power train warranty because of it. I bought it just assuming that and decided to take the risk. Before I put the car away for the winter I’ll have it serviced and then I guess I’ll find out if they say anything about it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I too have capristo downpipes with ecu tune..... love it. The heck with the warranty. Just my opinion. I didn’t buy this car to drive it like a Camry

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would read the warranty over. The way I read it is that if a Mclaren dealer installs the part and doesn't see a problem with it then you are good, but they let you know if there is a problem with the system it is because of your aftermarket part and they will void the warranty on that system. I got this speech from service manager after using Castrol SRF brake fluid instead of McLaren spec fluid.

·
Registered
2019 600LT
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting I’ve heard that from another owner in CA. Dealer was cool with it as long as they installed the parts. Going to see my dealer tomorrow.

·
Sponsor
1,470 Posts
Hi All! Just wanted to piggy back and offer some insight to this thread.

Get to know your service advisor! They can become your best friend at the dealer and can help you out greatly in the long run. It is always a good idea to talk to them about your car and your future plans before doing anything to it. We have plenty of McLaren dealers that we work with and have no issue running our parts on the cars, some actually will purchase and install them.

We use ultra high-performance 200 cell HJS German-Imported Tri-Matallic high flow catalytic converters. These allow for up to 95% of a straight piped exhaust flow WITHOUT getting a check engine light! If you are interested in any more information feel free to pm us or visit our website. McLaren 600 LT Performance Parts & Exhausts

·
Registered
110 Posts
for most brands I would say roll with it. But with mclaren, don't touch. unless you want to pay out of pocket.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll add another comment, for resale it kills value, I have friends looking for 458s now and they all want stock, no one wants to touch one that's been modded or even has aftermarket rims, people want original.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'll add another comment, for resale it kills value, I have friends looking for 458s now and they all want stock, no one wants to touch one that's been modded or even has aftermarket rims, people want original.
Unfortunately this is not entirely true, to say "no one wants" I know quite a large amount of people that purchase Ferrari's, Mclaren's & Lamborghini's that have been modified heavily or just have rims. Not everyone is the same and looking for a Virgin Non-Modded vehicle. I find people that drive their cars more than once a week do not care to mod them or purchase modded vehicles.

To answer OP, earlier in the thread it is the case of who you know. If the modifications done to the car did not effect the reason the vehicle is there or if you are in for service usually they will not care. I would recommend visiting your dealer and choose your advisor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts