McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

I am getting a good deal on an untitled dealer demo, 1800 miles on it in my color or I can buy new for about 10k more but not in the color i want... i am not sure about the warranty though since it is 3 years for a new car but I don't know how it works for demos yet since the car has been driven for 1800 miles... Asking for all of your opinions on which route should I go??

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Guys

I am getting a good deal on an untitled dealer demo, 1800 miles on it in my color or I can buy new for about 10k more but not in the color i want... i am not sure about the warranty though since it is 3 years for a new car but I don't know how it works for demos yet since the car has been driven for 1800 miles... Asking for all of your opinions on which route should I go??
A DEMO that has been slammed around by every salesman and their buddies - pass!

Suggest taking a good look under the front bumper etc on a lift for viewing.

Hopefully it's not the one at the Auto Gallery's Mclaren store.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Guys

I'd pass on the demo. There are some "basically" new models at some dealers. 300miles. There is one at the Philadelphia dealership. I could see being tempted on that. That said, the deals on the new leftover 2012's are really good. I just picked one up at Phili

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Hey Champange, are you saying that the graphite grey one at AG was a demo? I've been emailing them about this car and now that you mention it, I saw a very similar, maybe even exact, looking car in a YouTube the other day when looking for real life video of different color cars. I'm pretty sure it was from Beverly Hills/AG...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Hey Champange, are you saying that the graphite grey one at AG was a demo? I've been emailing them about this car and now that you mention it, I saw a very similar, maybe even exact, looking car in a YouTube the other day when looking for real life video of different color cars. I'm pretty sure it was from Beverly Hills/AG...
Well let's just say - another member here / friend had it looked at and got his money back.

I had a not so wonderful experience with AG and he was on the same path.

Hopefully he reads the thread and offers his experience.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Well, I just asked the general sales manager at McLaren Beverly Hills if it was a demo and he said no. Mark said it was, so I ran a Carfax just to see what the story was or if maybe it was a different car we were talking about. Here's the Carfax. Unless Carfax is just incomplete and misleading, well, you can come to your own conclusion about it. I take what car salesmen say with a grain of salt, but if I'm flat out being lied to about a car being a demo I'd consider their reputation damaged big time.

Funny thing is, being honest about the car being a demo wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. If car has the entire warranty left, it's in good condition, and the price was right, I'd still a buyer and so would lots of people.

I may have still paid $200K for it knowing it was a demo. Now however, I found a non-demo car at a great price and so AG is gonna get a super low offer from me and I'm not gonna even consider paying a dime more.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
It's a thrashed Demo, over 3k miles, needs a bunch of work, big time pass.

·
Registered
923 Posts
get the demo in the color you want and save the $$, it's under warranty....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, I just asked the general sales manager at McLaren Beverly Hills if it was a demo and he said no. Mark said it was, so I ran a Carfax just to see what the story was or if maybe it was a different car we were talking about. Here's the Carfax. Unless Carfax is just incomplete and misleading, well, you can come to your own conclusion about it. I take what car salesmen say with a grain of salt, but if I'm flat out being lied to about a car being a demo I'd consider their reputation damaged big time.

Funny thing is, being honest about the car being a demo wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. If car has the entire warranty left, it's in good condition, and the price was right, I'd still a buyer and so would lots of people.

I may have still paid $200K for it knowing it was a demo. Now however, I found a non-demo car at a great price and so AG is gonna get a super low offer from me and I'm not gonna even consider paying a dime more.
So how did the GSM explain the 3K miles, with out being titled? That's a lot of trips to the wash rack... I'd think long and hard before I'd trust that dealer with shooting straight on anything, given the Carfax.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
So how did the GSM explain the 3K miles, with out being titled? That's a lot of trips to the wash rack... I'd think long and hard before I'd trust that dealer with shooting straight on anything, given the Carfax.
I buy almost every car sight unseen and very rarely have a problem.

Until I bought the 16M at AG.

Even when I asked specific questions they told me everything was excellent and performed Ferrari's point test.

One thing they didn't mention was the cracked rear diffuser and stated it could have happened at delivery etc.

I am a big boy so it was time to move on - til I found out via a member on FLife which it was his car the diffuser was cracked when he traded it in. Called AG and sure enough when they finally sent me all the service records upon inspection the service center noted cracked diffuser to sales for repair.

AG to this day states they sold me an excellent car - so I can only imaging what a good condition demo means.

Rots of Ruck!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
It's a low mile trade in that was turned into a dealer demo. To many scrapes and chips for me. Front and rear bumpers need to be resprayed, carbon front diffusor and 1 carbon turning vane need to be replaced, tires need to be replaced. Interior is mint. If all of those things are done, and you pay 200k out the door, then you might consider it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's a low mile trade in that was turned into a dealer demo. To many scrapes and chips for me. Front and rear bumpers need to be resprayed, carbon front diffusor and 1 carbon turning vane need to be replaced, tires need to be replaced. Interior is mint. If all of those things are done, and you pay 200k out the door, then you might consider it.
Solid advice!:cool: Please check your PM. Thank you!

·
Registered
551 Posts
1800 miles is not the end of the world but these cars really get abused.hard. It won't be the regular Prius driver that will test drive a Mclaren. How do you treat yourself test vehicles???

·
Registered
493 Posts
I would pass on dealer demos. Right before I bought my new Mclaren, I took the dealer's demo and tested out a few local areas where it could "potentially" be a problem to clear the front bumper.

Needless to say, I added a few souvenir onto the dealer's demo. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I would pass on dealer demos. Right before I bought my new Mclaren, I took the dealer's demo and tested out a few local areas where it could "potentially" be a problem to clear the front bumper.

Bet it was the Graphite Grey car! Lol

·
Registered
108 Posts

That's funny! I guess the dealerships are offering these discounts on demo car for a reason. Thank you very much for being so upfront. Take care!

·
Registered
493 Posts
To be fair, any used car can be considered as "demo cars" because dealers can take them out on multiple test drives. However, if the car rack up a large amount of mileage and damages along the way, this would only hurt the dealer's profit margin in the end.

This is why I am always hesitant about buying used cars unless I check them out very carefully.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts