McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm still deciding between a 12c spider or a 458 spider. Ferrari has a 7 year free service, what is the standard for a Mclaren? Also in general, is the customer service any good at the Mclaren dealers? I'm worried as there is only one in Zurich and when I went to the dealer, they are closed even though it specifically states on the front door it is open Saturdays until 4pm. And no, it wasn't a public holiday since the Bentley and Lambo dealer next to it was open. I'm worried about the lack of dealerships meaning poorer service and they can charge anything they like to service the car.

Any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
The customer service is generally the best there is,at least compared to other top end marques,and as for the FREE servicing ,that is really not the case as Ferrari put up the price to accommodate this.So you will have to pay for the Mac,like everything,so in real terms I guess it would cost you about 5k for seven years if you take into account the extra the Ferrari have put on the car to cover it.Remember nothing in life is free,but good marketing can make it seems that way ;):)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Have to be careful with the 458. "Maintenance" is free for 7 years, but the warranty is only 24 months IIRC. So for years 3-7 you'll go in for your free oil change and be informed that some seal or other thing is leaking and needs to be replaced for $$$$$.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Have to be careful with the 458. "Maintenance" is free for 7 years, but the warranty is only 24 months IIRC. So for years 3-7 you'll go in for your free oil change and be informed that some seal or other thing is leaking and needs to be replaced for $$$$$.
Keeping to the facts is probably most helpful for someone looking for info. ;)

Ferrari warranty is up to 4 years depending where in the World you are and you will find good and bad dealers, just like you will for McLaren.
Drive both and buy the one you like. Both are wonderful cars with fundamental differences - 7 year servicing is a cost advantage but not a deal maker.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My McLaren is being serviced now so I can't yet speak to that.

Ferrari service is "particular" (a word that meant something like feminine to my grandmother). E.g. if you drive 200 miles to the dealer in November to get annual service and you are inside 365 days, you pay. $900 in my case. Traded the car immediately and so glad I did.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Hi, I'm still deciding between a 12c spider or a 458 spider. Ferrari has a 7 year free service, what is the standard for a Mclaren? Also in general, is the customer service any good at the Mclaren dealers? I'm worried as there is only one in Zurich and when I went to the dealer, they are closed even though it specifically states on the front door it is open Saturdays until 4pm. And no, it wasn't a public holiday since the Bentley and Lambo dealer next to it was open. I'm worried about the lack of dealerships meaning poorer service and they can charge anything they like to service the car.

Any info would be appreciated
Welcome to Mclaren Life

I wouldn't worry about warranty - life is short get the one that goes the fastest handles the best as looks are subjective.

Both are great cars - just get one and enjoy it - which is probably why the Mclaren dealer was closed :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Having owned Ferrari and McLaren (admittedly in Australia) I'd say that the MAC service is WAY better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts