McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey guys, I thought this would interest a lot of you guys. McLaren just sent me pictures of my car finished and while looking at the photo, I noticed something in the back that stood out. Is that a blue 765LT Spider?

View attachment 213165
Have any more photos or better quality photo by chance?

·
Registered
628 Posts
We are talking about the car in Blue on the right of the picture?

My eye may be playing tricks on me, but I don't see any difference with the coupe.
May want to check those eyes. Lol. Coupe has small quarter window on the side, sloped glass in rear and rear sides. The blue in the photo has none of that. Does look like the spider. I believe the announcement should be coming soon with deliveries at the beginning of 2022

·
Registered
433 Posts
May want to check those eyes. Lol. Coupe has small quarter window on the side, sloped glass in rear and rear sides. The blue in the photo has none of that. Does look like the spider. I believe the announcement should be coming soon with deliveries at the beginning of 2022
Coupes have a slope back, flat back window is indicative of spider.

Oh yes! You're both right, my fault.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't see any seams for the doors in the roof of the car in the foreground. It also looks like the rear buttresses (b-pillar?) are glass, like the 720S Spider. So, it looks to me like the car in the foreground is a Spider as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would assume he got a cease and desist letter (or just a friendly letter) from Mclaren since the car hasn’t been unveiled and it was just snuck in the background.
Which would confirm that what was in the photo was what artyy thought was in the photo. Cool!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Jesus. I have no intention of modifying my car, but had I known this beforehand it might have put me off the brand.
My dealer sells/services almost every marque except Ferrari .

They have told me that mclaren and Lambo monitor social media and will attempt to flag modified cars vin’s in their system .
All manufacturers are after modified cars . It’s a real scourge and causing problems with reliability , etc .

I don’t know if it’s just me but it seems that mclarens have been picked by people to modify over all other exotic Marques.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts