McLaren Life banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, i went to a local dealers (who had exotic cars) because mclaren dealer was farther away but they had the car doors locked and didnt seem like they wanted to show it to me. I honestly wanted to check out the car, start the car and see the car comfortably without them trying push me to sell it to me ASAP. One comment i received was that "most people who wants to buy these cars usually just buys it without even test driving". At that point, i just left

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hello, I have been just browsing through this forum for months now and been wanting to get 570s ever since. Long story short, I am a middle class guy who wants to possibly get used 570S soon or later. I have been also looking at used 911 GT3, R8, and other cars around this price range.

I was wondering if anyone was willing to show me their 570S in person? It is very hard for me to even check out the 570S as the supply is limited and most of them were dealers who won't even let me get inside the car. I live in the DMV area (DC, Maryland, Northern Virginia) and wondering if any kind person would be okay with me checking out their car and maybe ask few questions. Greatly appreciated in advance!
Well for a FACT you didn't go to Sterling. They let anyone and everyone have free rein in there for all cars. Seems odd that they would single you out. I am there once or twice week for one reason or another and I see how open and friendly they are to everyone including kids still in HS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello, I have been just browsing through this forum for months now and been wanting to get 570s ever since. Long story short, I am a middle class guy who wants to possibly get used 570S soon or later. I have been also looking at used 911 GT3, R8, and other cars around this price range.

I was wondering if anyone was willing to show me their 570S in person? It is very hard for me to even check out the 570S as the supply is limited and most of them were dealers who won't even let me get inside the car. I live in the DMV area (DC, Maryland, Northern Virginia) and wondering if any kind person would be okay with me checking out their car and maybe ask few questions. Greatly appreciated in advance!
Did you ever get a chance to check one out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, new here with a 2017 570GT just outside of DC. Anyone local still active?

If so, thought I'd give a quick plug for our car club - not McL specific, but a bigger tent with like-minded sportscar enthusiasts, Mid-Engine Mid-Atlantic!

Check us out on FB: Log into Facebook | Facebook
Or, Instagram (less active): Login • Instagram

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all, new here with a 2017 570GT just outside of DC. Anyone local still active?

If so, thought I'd give a quick plug for our car club - not McL specific, but a bigger tent with like-minded sportscar enthusiasts, Mid-Engine Mid-Atlantic!

Check us out on FB: Log into Facebook | Facebook
Or, Instagram (less active): Login • Instagram

2016 570S here outside of Leesburg and active. Put in a join request on the fb group, thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey All,
I just pulled the trigger on a 650 S after lurking and dreaming. The car should be in NOVA late next week from the west coast and would love to meet up. I have been in the Audi world for a while tuning and mod'ing and i would love to talk with more Mclaren owners.
Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey All,
I just pulled the trigger on a 650 S after lurking and dreaming. The car should be in NOVA late next week from the west coast and would love to meet up. I have been in the Audi world for a while tuning and mod'ing and i would love to talk with more Mclaren owners.
Chris
Awesome!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey All,
Chris
Congrats! It's McLaren buying season lol. What are the deets? And, extending the offer to come join our club, if you like: Log into Facebook | Facebook, we've now got a few McL's and other midengined exotics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey All,
The deal has been done and the car was delivered on Thursday last week. Holy crap do i love this car. I bought the former car of a member on this forum that has been great to talk and work with to get the deal done. I am proud owner of a 2015 650 S spider in pearl white with a number of very tasteful upgrades to the car. I had only seen the car in pictures, read gobs and gobs of information about 650's and spoke with the service departments that worked on this actual car, before i bought it. I had never even driven a Mclaren and none of that matters!

It is easier to post the link to the car so you can see her. https://www.parkplaceltd.com/used-cars/detail/2015-McLaren-650S-Spider/995/SBM11FAA6FW003686

It was great b/c the stock diamond cut wheels and sport exhaust came with the car so i can decide if i want to put them up for sale on here. I will certainly join the Facebook page and I look forward to meeting other owners. So proud to be part of this community now after dreaming for 10+ years about Mclaren's!!

Chris

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hey All,
The deal has been done and the car was delivered on Thursday last week. Holy crap do i love this car. I bought the former car of a member on this forum that has been great to talk and work with to get the deal done. I am proud owner of a 2015 650 S spider in pearl white with a number of very tasteful upgrades to the car. I had only seen the car in pictures, read gobs and gobs of information about 650's and spoke with the service departments that worked on this actual car, before i bought it. I had never even driven a Mclaren and none of that matters!

It is easier to post the link to the car so you can see her. https://www.parkplaceltd.com/used-cars/detail/2015-McLaren-650S-Spider/995/SBM11FAA6FW003686

It was great b/c the stock diamond cut wheels and sport exhaust came with the car so i can decide if i want to put them up for sale on here. I will certainly join the Facebook page and I look forward to meeting other owners. So proud to be part of this community now after dreaming for 10+ years about Mclaren's!!

Chris
now bring it to Glaswerks to have it PPF'd

·
Registered
6 Posts
It already has Xpel on the entire car, but i can tell some spots need a little attention. I work right down the road from that shop. Thanks.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It already has Xpel on the entire car, but i can tell some spots need a little attention. I work right down the road from that shop. Thanks.
Get in thee soon then. Adi/installer is the best around by a lot and I think he leaves town in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also depending on how your comfort level is currently Katie's weekly Cars and Coffee is back into swing so you should drop in.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Follow Glaswerks on Instagram, they do a very large C&C the last Sunday of each month. Better than Katies believe it or not.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts