McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering starting a McLaren Car Club. Sterling has told me that they would be happy to host events and help with joint track days, drives or whatever. I would like to build this off the national club that has been started if that makes sense. Is there interest out there?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have buy in from the McLaren dealer in VA to use their new showroom and to sponsor events. We just need members to start.

·
Super Moderator
4,409 Posts
I am considering starting a McLaren Car Club. Sterling has told me that they would be happy to host events and help with joint track days, drives or whatever. I would like to build this off the national club that has been started if that makes sense. Is there interest out there?
There is already a US Owners Club started. As you can see from the link below, I'm one of the guys working on it. We would love to get more members in your area and would also love to have some local leadership in the part of the country you mentioned in your thread title.

http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-owners-car-club/40489-general-information.html

-Jamie.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sounds good to me. Would be pretty cool to do some F1 viewing events at the dealership, backroad drives, etc. There seems to be quite a few cars in the area.. there were four at Katie's C&C on Saturday and later that day I went for a drive and passed an orange 720 as soon as I got on the road. Keep us in the loop!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a good call with the club founders last week. I would encourage you to sign up on the club site, I believe it is free for now. I will keep working on it when I can but as soon as the weather allows we can organize a meet and drive or something.

·
addicted to speed
156 Posts
Spring is hopefully just around the corner in the DMV area, if this past weekend was any inclination. There is a small threat of snow this upcoming weekend, but thought I might revitalize this thread and see who's around/interested in getting their cars together.

While I don't have a McLaren, I am pretty handy with a camera and would love to document the fun! I'm in DC, and you can check out my work on my flickr page in the sig. Finally wrote this licensing exam a week ago, and have been itching to get back behind the lens.

·
addicted to speed
156 Posts
bump.

Does anyone actually use the regional subsections on this forum?:D

Granted, there's still plenty of salt/nasty bits on the roads, but thought maybe there would be the start of planning drives/events/meet-ups now that the new year has started...or did this hopeful group not become a tangible reality? I know McSterling does the occasional drive, but seeing as I'm a lowly BMW owner, I'm never really invited.

·
Registered
323 Posts
bump.

Does anyone actually use the regional subsections on this forum?:D

Granted, there's still plenty of salt/nasty bits on the roads, but thought maybe there would be the start of planning drives/events/meet-ups now that the new year has started...or did this hopeful group not become a tangible reality? I know McSterling does the occasional drive, but seeing as I'm a lowly BMW owner, I'm never really invited.
There doesn't seem to be much activity here but I hope it picks up as the weather gets better. I don't have my Mclaren yet (April) but I hope to do some events here in the NY area and close by regions as well.

I realize since Mclaren is relatively new brand, the percentage that actually use this forum will be considerably less than other exotic brands.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, I have been just browsing through this forum for months now and been wanting to get 570s ever since. Long story short, I am a middle class guy who wants to possibly get used 570S soon or later. I have been also looking at used 911 GT3, R8, and other cars around this price range.

I was wondering if anyone was willing to show me their 570S in person? It is very hard for me to even check out the 570S as the supply is limited and most of them were dealers who won't even let me get inside the car. I live in the DMV area (DC, Maryland, Northern Virginia) and wondering if any kind person would be okay with me checking out their car and maybe ask few questions. Greatly appreciated in advance!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
10 Participants
sainthoo
McLaren Life
McLaren Life is the best McLaren forum to discuss reliability, problems & more for supercar models like the F1, P1, 570, 650, 12C, and 720S!
Full Forum Listing