McLaren Life banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,101 Posts
LOL! I don't need anything. Well, the headlights have started with a bit of mold, so it's inevitable. I could live with it, so no rush, but would like to get that resolved. And while we're at it, soft-close. And, hey, replace the factory quiet exhaust with the sports exhaust. And, and, and . . . lol

Though I just looked you up and see that you're in Spartanburg. I've got a friend down in SC, so I could probably rationalize a road trip down... ("but, honey, it's to get some work done on your McLaren! I'll only be gone for a week or so!")

--Dennis
See, headlights and soft close were our most popular items in SoCal, and we can do exhaust. I even have my factory sport exhaust I could sell. That's a days work on your own car, if you've got some friends that also need things that just adds to the trip.

A mistake some make when knowing someone in SC is how far we can be apart. The coast is minimum 3 hours from me, highest and lowest coastal points being 4 hrs away. I can be in NC in 25 minutes or GA in an hour, or even TN in 90 minutes.

Reactions: BigHead

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re SC distances, true! While he lives in Charleston, he has a place in Columbus NC, so not that far from Spartanburg. <evil rubbing of hands together>

·
Registered
58 Posts
It was really great to see you again and hang out for the day. I also really enjoyed watching the McMedics working on our cars. :) That was a 12hr non stop work day! (for them at least, lol) They really put in a lot of effort and it was appreciated. Hopefully if they come back this summer, I will be doing the soft close and accumulators at that time. The re-tune of my ECU they did gave me an extra 100HP more or less and I can really feel it in the drive now. I like the idea of now being able to use 93 or 101 octane if I get a chance to come across some. The ability to manually switch the engine performance from one octane setting to another makes it so convenient. I can also select a return to the factory tune if need be. So all in all it was a great experience for me as well. Come on over any time and I'll break out the Cognac and Cigars, or some great wine if need be :)
Glad you like the tune. They’re doing mine in a few weeks. I noticed it’s only about 20 hp difference in the 91 to 93 octane tune, so you’re probably not missing too much on California gas. Although it does suck you pay more for gas and get lower octane than most other states. It would be great to see real world stats on how much the tune affects acceleration. Dragy anyone?

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,101 Posts
Glad you like the tune. They’re doing mine in a few weeks. I noticed it’s only about 20 hp difference in the 91 to 93 octane tune, so you’re probably not missing too much on California gas. Although it does suck you pay more for gas and get lower octane than most other states. It would be great to see real world stats on how much the tune affects acceleration. Dragy anyone?
I've got a Dragy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had no idea you guys had plans to come out ... I'm so sorry I missed you guys. I have headlights, coil packs and general maintenance to do. I believe I can do them but it's always nice to meet up and learn from the best. Next time you guys come out I hope to see you.

Rudy

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" 12C
875 Posts
I had no idea you guys had plans to come out ... I'm so sorry I missed you guys. I have headlights, coil packs and general maintenance to do. I believe I can do them but it's always nice to meet up and learn from the best. Next time you guys come out I hope to see you.

Rudy
Baja Rudy,

Sorry we missed the opportunity to meet in person as well! You have my number, feel free to call me and we can plan to connect on our next trip to Cali.

Kevin
Supercar Garage (Home of the flying McMedics)
Kennesaw GA

FYI - There are only two official Flying McMedics in the world! You can PM either of us to schedule a trip to service your McLaren at your home, or you can ship the car to our workshop. Either way, its white glove service from the McMedics!

McMedic
= Kevin Prickett @ima2nr
McMedic
= Sean Belanger @EMF Audio

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,101 Posts

Rudy
I'm waiting on confirmation of a few other things before we nail it down, but tentatively looking like July for another trip to SoCal.

Reactions: Baja Rudy

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Baja Rudy,

Sorry we missed the opportunity to meet in person as well! You have my number, feel free to call me and we can plan to connect on our next trip to Cali.

Kevin
Supercar Garage (Home of the flying McMedics)
Kennesaw GA

FYI - There are only two official Flying McMedics in the world! You can PM either of us to schedule a trip to service your McLaren at your home, or you can ship the car to our workshop. Either way, its white glove service from the McMedics!

McMedic
= Kevin Prickett @ima2nr
McMedic
= Sean Belanger @EMF Audio
Time to get those white gloves dirty again!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts