McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HUGE thank you to EMF Audio and ima2nr for making the trip out here to Socal this week. Had my embarrassing headlight mold in both headlights removed and cleaned by them and they are back to perfect! They also removed my ECU and EMF Audio remapped it for a bit more fun in the years to come :) Did this right in my garage. They also installed a number of soft close doors and replaced accumulators not to mention the coolant and oil changes. Way cool and extremely affordable. I know they are here for two more days but I wanted to say thanks and hopefully they will be back out here sometime mid summer because I still need a few more things done to my 12C. If they ever come to a town near you I'd make my reservations asap.

Dano

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,049 Posts
HUGE thank you to EMF Audio and ima2nr for making the trip out here to Socal this week. Had my embarrassing headlight mold in both headlights removed and cleaned by them and they are back to perfect! They also removed my ECU and EMF Audio remapped it for a bit more fun in the years to come :) Did this right in my garage. They also installed a number of soft close doors and replaced accumulators not to mention the coolant and oil changes. Way cool and extremely affordable. I know they are here for two more days but I wanted to say thanks and hopefully they will be back out here sometime mid summer because I still need a few more things done to my 12C. If they ever come to a town near you I'd make my reservations asap.

Dano
We've had a great time working on these cars and meeting the owners. We're thinking July or August 2021 for a return trip to do more work, especially as accumulators are coming up more frequently now. We've already got 2 more cars lined up for our return trip!

Reactions: Dano and 1YOUNG1

·
Registered
348 Posts
Chiming in a bit late to give my review as EMFaudio and IMa2unr worked on my car at Dano's place over the weekend. my car had soft close doors, headlights, oil and coolant changed, along with the accumulators replaced. I got to Dano's place at 9am and IMa2unr worked on the soft close and then the head lights while EMFaudio changed the oil, and coolant. Originally, I wasn't even looking to replace the accumulators but I figure its probably better to take the opportunity to install new ones to make sure the suspension was in good shape. Ordered the part and was able to get the part the same day and the accumulators were installed at the end of the day. This was all done in a day and it was really great to just meet the guys, have a hands on approach to seeing the car being worked on. I think if you are that type of guy who likes to see what is being done, this type of personalized service is way better than just throwing it to a dealer and getting it back. Plus, getting it done at your home makes things really convenient. In my case, I lived 30min away from Dano so it worked out great. Also, the prices are much more reasonable and in line with typical mechanical maintenance prices in comparison to dealerships considering the level of attention given to each job. I highly recommend that anyone interested discuss with them your particular needs.
IMG_8278.JPG IMG_8280 2.JPG IMG_8279.JPG

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chiming in a bit late to give my review as EMFaudio and IMa2unr worked on my car at Dano's place over the weekend. my car had soft close doors, headlights, oil and coolant changed, along with the accumulators replaced. I got to Dano's place at 9am and IMa2unr worked on the soft close and then the head lights while EMFaudio changed the oil, and coolant. Originally, I wasn't even looking to replace the accumulators but I figure its probably better to take the opportunity to install new ones to make sure the suspension was in good shape. Ordered the part and was able to get the part the same day and the accumulators were installed at the end of the day. This was all done in a day and it was really great to just meet the guys, have a hands on approach to seeing the car being worked on. I think if you are that type of guy who likes to see what is being done, this type of personalized service is way better than just throwing it to a dealer and getting it back. Plus, getting it done at your home makes things really convenient. In my case, I lived 30min away from Dano so it worked out great. Also, the prices are much more reasonable and in line with typical mechanical maintenance prices in comparison to dealerships considering the level of attention given to each job. I highly recommend that anyone interested discuss with them your particular needs.
View attachment 211193 View attachment 211194 View attachment 211195
It was really great to see you again and hang out for the day. I also really enjoyed watching the McMedics working on our cars. :) That was a 12hr non stop work day! (for them at least, lol) They really put in a lot of effort and it was appreciated. Hopefully if they come back this summer, I will be doing the soft close and accumulators at that time. The re-tune of my ECU they did gave me an extra 100HP more or less and I can really feel it in the drive now. I like the idea of now being able to use 93 or 101 octane if I get a chance to come across some. The ability to manually switch the engine performance from one octane setting to another makes it so convenient. I can also select a return to the factory tune if need be. So all in all it was a great experience for me as well. Come on over any time and I'll break out the Cognac and Cigars, or some great wine if need be :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
It was really great to see you again and hang out for the day. I also really enjoyed watching the McMedics working on our cars. :) That was a 12hr non stop work day! (for them at least, lol) They really put in a lot of effort and it was appreciated. Hopefully if they come back this summer, I will be doing the soft close and accumulators at that time. The re-tune of my ECU they did gave me an extra 100HP more or less and I can really feel it in the drive now. I like the idea of now being able to use 93 or 101 octane if I get a chance to come across some. The ability to manually switch the engine performance from one octane setting to another makes it so convenient. I can also select a return to the factory tune if need be. So all in all it was a great experience for me as well. Come on over any time and I'll break out the Cognac and Cigars, or some great wine if need be :)
Good seeing you too. Yes they did put in alot of effort to make it all happen so highly recommend to fellow owners. You can now start sourcing for the latches and the accumulators now before summer comes around. lol. Really appreciate your guy going out and picking up the part for me too. :) Ill have to come over to check out the difference on the ECU one of these days...

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,049 Posts
View attachment 211193 View attachment 211194 View attachment 211195
Kevin and I quickly found out how well we work together and can tackle jobs assisting the other at any point in the process seemlessly, and it's worked out great. I'm glad we got the opportunity to "hang out" too, it sure didn't feel like a 12 hour day!

The video of the genuine reaction to a first drive, coming soon!

Reactions: ima2nr

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" 12C
863 Posts
Wait! What??? ... We were WORKING last week at @Dano's Place? LOL...

It really was a lot of work during each day, but after the wrenches were put away the comradery and graciousness received was amazing!

I cannot say enough how awesome it was to finally meet so many McLarenLife members in person and I feel like I truly have new deepened friendships with some incredible people in the great State of CA.

According to @Dano, Sean and I are now officially the flying McMedics!

Looking forward to bringing joy and happiness to McLaren owners in different cities in the very near future! (Almost sounds like a superhero job?... Hope the uniforms are not too tacky. LOL)

Kevin
Supercar Garage
Kennesaw GA

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,049 Posts
Wait! What??? ... We were WORKING last week at @Dano's Place? LOL...

It really was a lot of work during each day, but after the wrenches were put away the comradery and graciousness received was amazing!

I cannot say enough how awesome it was to finally meet so many McLarenLife members in person and I feel like I truly have new deepened friendships with some incredible people in the great State of CA.

According to @Dano, Sean and I are now officially the flying McMedics!

Looking forward to bringing joy and happiness to McLaren owners in different cities in the very near future! (Almost sounds like a superhero job?... Hope the uniforms are not too tacky. LOL)

Kevin
Supercar Garage
Kennesaw GA
Well you kinda did leave the uniform design to me, so hold onto your company issued socks.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well you kinda did leave the uniform design to me, so hold onto your company issued socks.
I think the red capes are a bit much. I’d personally go with a bit more subtle approach to the uniforms ..... but that’s just me 😜

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,049 Posts
Just hoping we distance ourselves from the color scheme below (It has been used before)... 🙃

Better stop using a wheelchair and crutches then 😃

Reactions: Dano and ima2nr

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" 12C
863 Posts
WARNING!!!! * PUBLIC SERVICE NOTIFICATION *

My friend Sean (@EMF Audio) and the one and only other travelling McMedic is a sharp-witted SOB and very direct speaker!

He will make you laugh, or maybe even cry... but he will under no circumstances EVER hold back when he can deliver a good solid jab to the ego at any time! I'm literally giggling out loud remembering the other hilarious 27 jabs per day he can (and does) so easily deliver without any warning or notification.... :)

So I just realized at this point I am "Handy Man"!!!! ROTFLMAO !!!!

Thanks Sean for just being yourself! And keeping it real and keeping us all laughing...
🤣

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WARNING!!!! * PUBLIC SERVICE NOTIFICATION *

My friend Sean (@EMF Audio) and the one and only other travelling McMedic is a sharp-witted SOB and very direct speaker!

He will make you laugh, or maybe even cry... but he will under no circumstances EVER hold back when he can deliver a good solid jab to the ego at any time! I'm literally giggling out loud remembering the other hilarious 27 jabs per day he can (and does) so easily deliver without any warning or notification.... :)

So I just realized at this point I am "Handy Man"!!!! ROTFLMAO !!!!

Thanks Sean for just being yourself! And keeping it real and keeping us all laughing...
🤣
Tell me about it! If I got one more jab about not driving my 12C enough, I think I'd have to road trip from California to the east coast just to shut him up. However.... he does have a point, but don't tell him I said that. LOL

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,049 Posts
Tell me about it! If I got one more jab about not driving my 12C enough, I think I'd have to road trip from California to the east coast just to shut him up. However.... he does have a point, but don't tell him I said that. LOL
Ship me your car so I can drive it back to you and roll the odometer into 5 digits. Yeah that's right, I still had one in the chamber!

Reactions: Dano and ima2nr

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" 12C
863 Posts
Ship me your car so I can drive it back to you and roll the odometer into 5 digits. Yeah that's right, I still had one in the chamber!
Do you NOW see what I'm dealing with????

:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
THIS. IS. AWESOME.

Where else are you comics - er, McLaren supermechanics - planning on going? Any road trips up to New England in the works???

--Dennis

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
1,049 Posts
THIS. IS. AWESOME.

Where else are you comics - er, McLaren supermechanics - planning on going? Any road trips up to New England in the works???

--Dennis
In 2021, a crack commando unit was sent to their garages to service their cars. These men promptly completed the service and made videos about it. Today, being requested by McLaren owners they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire the McMedics.

We're working on dates for another SoCal visit in July or August (probably July) and we've had a request for San Francisco Bay area, and Chicago area. We're open to any location worldwide with enough interest. If we've got 4-5 cars lined up that gets everyone the best deal. We can however, accommodate a single person if needed. What kind of work do you need done?

Reactions: ima2nr

·
Registered
134 Posts
LOL! I don't need anything. Well, the headlights have started with a bit of mold, so it's inevitable. I could live with it, so no rush, but would like to get that resolved. And while we're at it, soft-close. And, hey, replace the factory quiet exhaust with the sports exhaust. And, and, and . . . lol

Though I just looked you up and see that you're in Spartanburg. I've got a friend down in SC, so I could probably rationalize a road trip down... ("but, honey, it's to get some work done on your McLaren! I'll only be gone for a week or so!")

--Dennis

1 - 20 of 28 Posts