McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my new steering wheel and some other parts from Macarbon and the quality, look and feel is fantastic. John has made the experience a hands-on custom work that will keep me a customer for life. I truly feel that a custom steering wheel is one of the most important parts of the car and the experience that enhances the driving feel and look I was looking for. Would love to hear other opinions.

Macarbon Wheel.jpg

·
Registered
289 Posts
I like the Centre Red Stripe... just like what I have on my F430. Nice touch IMHO!;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think its actually a functional aid as well as an eye-catcher. With the paddles attached to the steering wheel it helps to notice the stripe while in a hard turn for upshifts etc.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I just installed my new steering wheel and some other parts from Macarbon and the quality, look and feel is fantastic. John has made the experience a hands-on custom work that will keep me a customer for life. I truly feel that a custom steering wheel is one of the most important parts of the car and the experience that enhances the driving feel and look I was looking for. Would love to hear other opinions.

View attachment 2334
McBeast your carbon paddle shifters are those made by Macarbon as well? If so how long have you had then and what is your overall impression of them, fit and feel etc? Cheers.....??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm really enjoying the larger paddles. As you know the steering wheel turns with the paddles and the larger paddles make them more accessible in turns for an upshift or downshift. Fit and finish is top notch, and I highly recommend dealing with John at Macarbon as they will listen to what you're looking for and try to satisfy you in anyway they can.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
just look at the paddle of the P1, mcl think finally that they are too small on the mp4
Have you seen what the cost is for the MP4-12C CF shifters from MSO. It is totally absurd, unless the price includes the complete steering wheel with the shifter extensions. I received a quote yet it doesn't indicate what's included product code # MSO-I022 Extended carbon fibre shift paddles $4834.00cdn. I love them but I don't love them that much, I think the amount of money would be better off being spent on a vacation. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

View attachment 2334
If you don't mind me asking McBeast what was the cost for your beautiful steering wheel? Or you could always PM me. Cheers....??

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have the same paddles on my car - they were ~$750. I love them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts