McLaren Life banner

Custom colours - any out there yet?

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  widowmaker911 
#1 ·
Was just doodling in photoshop a few non-standard colours as I'm contemplating going off-chart. Lighter colours seem to work well as they provide keener contrast for openings, glasshouse and grills and I think make the most of the metalwork e.g.

Got me wondering; what do people think about 'right' or 'wrong' colours for a brand? E.g. Ferrari arguably 'own' red, which means treading carefully when speccing it on anything else. Guards Red 911s get a pass as it's pretty hard to mistake the shape for anything other than Porsche. Lamborghini could stake a claim on the virulent end of the spectrum for greens and yellows.

Would be really interesting to know the number/proportions of colours on cars produced so far. Wonder if there's an even split between the 'tailored suit' subtle stealth of darks/silvers and the 'yes I'm a supercar' shades?

Anyone gone off chart yet?

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I'm not typically one to go for Pink, but I liked it as well. Someone should be so bold - maybe Paris Hilton will get one to go with her Pink Bentley? She used to drive an SLR so she's no stranger to McLaren.

To provide a serious answer to your question, the MSO car in Matte Orange that McLaren unveiled at Pebble Beach is the only custom color I have seen so far on a 12C and I've definitely been looking.

>8^)
ER

#11 ·
I don't think that pink car is real just a photo shop, the MSO car was elite volcanic matt orange, it's a good price £9000 for a custom colour but just choosing viper green or riviera blue is wasted when you have elite xirallic paint prob the best I've seen for a while as a option. I would like to see a 2 tone car with different coloured roof and exhaust cover and even lower doors sill. or if you are feeling brave ask for a fina or gulf race replica like on the f1 road cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.