McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a titanium 12C (chassis #729) from McLaren of SF. The car is loaded with CF, ceramics, black & saddle leather interior, etc. It was originally sold by McLaren of SF as well.

I'm just curious if the original owner is lurking about. If so, please PM me. I'd love to chat about the car.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Wolf

·
Owner
19 Posts
I literally almost purchased that car from mclaren SF too, through alessandro, but ended up with one from mclaren chicago. Congratss on the purchase, I love the titanium silver color! I ended up getting normal silver with red/black interior.
Enjoy the car in good health, and happy thanksgiving to everyone too!

Cheers,
Al

P.S. Pics of my ride being sidelined in the shop :)

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
I literally almost purchased that car from mclaren SF too, through alessandro, but ended up with one from mclaren chicago. Congratss on the purchase, I love the titanium silver color! I ended up getting normal silver with red/black interior.
Enjoy the car in good health, and happy thanksgiving to everyone too!

Cheers,
Al

P.S. Pics of my ride being sidelined in the shop :)
What shop is that.. and what's being fitted. New front bumper only?

·
Owner
19 Posts
It’s Avio coach craft, a body shop in the west Los Angeles area. A few different dealers told me that they are the best in terms of doing paint jobs and bodyworks. When I was there, I saw a few rolls, bugatti veyrons and an F12 receiving minor bodywork, so that made me feel more confident leaving my ride with them.

When I purchased the car, I had the dealer install the 2014 iris, and now, I am getting the front bumper installed as well as the back bumper painted GT3 style. New wheels are coming in a couple of weeks. I can't wait for all of this to be finished!! (Pls excuse my excitement :D)

Will post more pics after I get the car back.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wow very cool! Congrats. Which bumper did you get? MSO?

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
That front bumper looks like it's going to be sweet! It looks like the HS bumper which I think looks even better than the MSO bumper. Please post more pictures when you're done!

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
It's going to be the Revosport knockoff of the HS bumper, they call it the "RHZ". I think that stands for Ripoff High Zport. ;)

It's about 1/3rd the cost of the available MSO carbon front bumper and since the real High Sport bumper can't be purchased from McLaren directly this reproduction satisfies some people.

>8^)
ER

·
Owner
19 Posts
Thank you, This is the Revozsport bumper. I wish I was able to source the real HS bumper though. I bet the gap, fit and finish will be much closer to OEM as I can be quite OCD with these things :p. The quality of the bumper is actually pretty decent, the problem was more in the fitment of the bumper itself. When the people at the bodyshop first tried to fit the bumper, there were a couple of things that need to be done. The line from the fender to the bumper did not align perfectly on one side, and the gap between the headlight and the bumper was a little too much for my liking.

But the good thing is that my friend told me that these kind of things are actually pretty common when trying to fit aftermarket bumpers and was assured that with the right body shop, the fit and finish would not be an issue. Avio said that this bumper is actually not as bad as some of the mansori products that they have done for countless customers. They also told me that they have done the same bumper once before on their customer's car and it turned out pretty good, very similar to Mac1's and CKA's ride if i am not mistaken.

So wish me luck guys as I hope mine will be at least be good enough for my OCD... :D

Will post more pics in a couple of weeks. In the mean time here is a terrible iphone pic of the mclaren with its step brother.

P.S. I have also informed my dealer that I will be taking my car in after. I want them to check that everything is still in place after the bumper is fitted.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
It's going to be the Revosport knockoff of the HS bumper, they call it the "RHZ". I think that stands for Ripoff High Zport. ;)

It's about 1/3rd the cost of the available MSO carbon front bumper and since the real High Sport bumper can't be purchased from McLaren directly this reproduction satisfies some people.

>8^)
ER
Like the other thing, McLaren would be better to give the masses what they want than appeal to a select few. They'd have sold way more expensive bumpers than they could have possible earned on those HS cars.

Won't sell more than 6 cool bumpers -- sells 375 P1s. Go figure...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
I had posted this link to another thread where the Revozport bumper came up... There are a few people here that have them. Personally, I think it looks really good.

http://www.revozport.com/mclaren/

-Jamie.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It’s Avio coach craft, a body shop in the west Los Angeles area. A few different dealers told me that they are the best in terms of doing paint jobs and bodyworks. When I was there, I saw a few rolls, bugatti veyrons and an F12 receiving minor bodywork, so that made me feel more confident leaving my ride with them.

When I purchased the car, I had the dealer install the 2014 iris, and now, I am getting the front bumper installed as well as the back bumper painted GT3 style. New wheels are coming in a couple of weeks. I can't wait for all of this to be finished!! (Pls excuse my excitement :D)

Will post more pics after I get the car back.

Ah ok. Looked like a shop local to me. Bumper will make a huge difference in appearance (for the better)! Enjoy in good health. What wheels did you go with?

·
Owner
19 Posts
Ah ok. Looked like a shop local to me. Bumper will make a huge difference in appearance (for the better)! Enjoy in good health. What wheels did you go with?
Thank you. I was originally thinking of getting a 991 gt3/turbo S to replace my panny turbo instead of the 12c. That was until i found out that I could replace the front bumper so I went with that, as imho the weakest link of the 12c is only the front in comparison to other exotics such as the 458. I went with ADV wheels for my car. One of my buddy works there and he is hooking me up with a set for a really good price :) if I let them do a photo-shoot of the car afterward, which I don't really mind.

AL

P.S. Somehow, I am still obsessing about the 991 gt3/tt even after getting the mclaren. So much so that I am considering of trading in my SLS for it! Please share your thoughts/experiences with me as I still love the SLS, just slightly bored w it after getting the mac daddy... ;):D
Thanks and happy black friday to everyone! (Its literally raining heavily right now in LA :eek:)

·
Sponsor
936 Posts

>8^)
ER
It is a pretty good knock-off but it is made partially of fiberglass, which I do not prefer in body parts. Why can't someone make one in HS style for 1/4 the price with excellent fit and compatibility with the parking sensors. Sighhhh!!!

·
Owner
19 Posts
It is a pretty good knock-off but it is made partially of fiberglass, which I do not prefer in body parts. Why can't someone make one in HS style for 1/4 the price with excellent fit and compatibility with the parking sensors. Sighhhh!!!
+1 I wish this was the case. This is the reason I purchased a car without the parking sensors to begin with, I was a little worried with the drilling of the holes and bumper fitment. Thank goodness that the Mclaren is super easy to park and have a good visibility all around ! Also, the fact that the car has a carbon tub means that it would not really change the structural strength of the car even if the front bumper is replaced. (From what I heard anyway... don't quote me on it, lol)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts