McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Although I like some crazy hyperbole about the Mac as much as anybody who plunked down a couple of big ones for this car, this write up made me roll my eyes as soon as he proclaimed '..... in Normal mode it is as comfortable as the best luxury saloons on the market' - why do they have to write this kind of s$$t???? Really? Did he ever drive a 'best luxury saloon' - or car - as we call them this side of the pond? God, does he even realize that he just flushed his entire credibility down the toilet with that kind of drivel...... ah well, it must be my car that is the exception to all the Macs out there that just rides like a 'aehm sports car! or the crappy Californian roads?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I didn't mind the write up at all, yes that line is used quite often concerning the comfort aspect of this putt putt and doesn't phase me one bit. I'm curious about the statement made on the A/C effecting the front windshield. I've yet to experience this scenario, that said is there a fix for this issue??? Cheers.....??

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Extreme. Some in very hit climate (eg Dubai) have experienced this. Solution seems to be to block that vent with a foam insert.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Extreme. Some in very hit climate (eg Dubai) have experienced this. Solution seems to be to block that vent with a foam insert.
jkheit I thought you were going to say don't use the A/C LOL?. So from the sounds of it this is only a concern for people living in area's that are extremely warm/hot and thus not a common problem I guess. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's my understanding extreme. Amazingly it didn't happen in NYC during our huge heat wave, so hopefully its a small issue for a few people.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
That's my understanding extreme. Amazingly it didn't happen in NYC during our huge heat wave, so hopefully its a small issue for a few people.
Well jkheit I guess I'll find out when I bring my putt putt in next week to resolve the noise issue coming from the driver side turning vane or rear side window section.Cheers.....??

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is your noise a kind of somewhat quiet, rapid metal rattle/shimmy sound? I have something like that; I hear it behind me, and it sounds like it's outside, but I cant quite pin down its source?

·
Registered
123 Posts
For the A/C issue, I'm getting it consistently down in Miami. It doesn't fog up much (if at all) with the windows up, but if you crack open a window to get some fresh air while leaving the A/C on, it instantly fogs up. I placed my V1 just above that vent to help mitigate the effect, but if I put it exactly where it needs to go to completely block that, the V1 will be obstructing my line of sight in that direction so I'm not too keen on doing so. I'll ask the dealer to do the foam trick when I bring it in for its first service.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Pretty decent write-up. I think the A/C fogging issue is humidity dependent; it only happens in Houston on really muggy days. My A/C totally crapped out this weekend, and I didn't even have it switched on! I got a big red message on the info screen saying Air-conitioning system fault, contact McLaren Service Center, and then no cold air when I turned it on. I've heard of some dud compressors - anyone had this issue?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Is your noise a kind of somewhat quiet, rapid metal rattle/shimmy sound? I have something like that; I hear it behind me, and it sounds like it's outside, but I cant quite pin down its source?
It might be your driver's side turning vane, that was loose on my car. Dealer can tighten it. Also might be the panel in front of the driver's side, side window.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm going to have the dealer take a look. Thanks Mark.
I have the same thing. Sounds like it could be behind me, but hard to say. Only squeaks over a certain type of bump! The dealer has looked for it 3 times! Turning vane could be the one...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts