McLaren Life banner

601 - 620 of 632 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
We supply the cabinet industry nationally. My thinking is simple. People are home saving on gas, lunch, clothes and Starbucks. Planning a scaled back vacation and are looking at all the things wrong with their house.
Yup, and it turned out that Home Depot was one of the only places open from March - June, so like you said, people just did shit around the house.

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
445 Posts
Remodeling master bath now. Oops, can’t say that anymore. I mean Primary bathroom.

Reactions: Detroit Bill

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm part of that group renovating their home/yard. Home Depot is packed and contractors are booked up.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I don’t believe the country is nearly as divided as the media would have people believe. Unfortunately, they sensationalize everything and show the extreme ends of both sides of the political spectrum and make people believe that’s how everyone thinks.
Perhaps, but the country is also under administration of a particularly intense style of demagoguery, at the moment.

I believe demagogues are bred by democracy and always will be. But that doesn’t mean that the damage they can cause to the democracy isn’t very real and significant. Some might argue that some of it is in fact healthy.

The most disturbing concern, in my opinion, is the threat of continued eroding of the separation of powers within the government, which has potential consequences on a global scale.

But then, I would say that. I live in a less powerful country bordering the U.S., that has some natural resources and a lot of land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #606
It seems prices have been relatively stable across the board for the 720S models.....that is very interesting, as it seems depreciation was relatively nil compared to Ferrari/Lamborghini and McLaren's own sport series vehicles.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
It seems prices have been relatively stable across the board for the 720S models.....that is very interesting, as it seems depreciation was relatively nil compared to Ferrari/Lamborghini and McLaren's own sport series vehicles.
well you can currently not buy a new 720s technically ... that makes used prices more stable. Additionally ppl seem to realize that the 720s is even after Ferrari brought the F8 at least competitive if not better than the newest V8TT F car

Reactions: Khanquer

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Prices have been pretty stable, at least the 2018s. Maybe they're down a little, which is expected given it's entering Winter and it's 7 months since Covid started. I look pretty regularly in case a good spec comes up, and I see nothing really and prices haven't moved much. Spiders seem a bit cheaper, but nothing crazy.

Can't comment on 2020 prices though since I don't really follow them and it's only natural that a new 720S would depreciate a lot since, well, new cars depreciate a lot.

·
Registered
2019 McLaren 600LT Helios Orange
69 Posts
The 600LT has raised in price a bit. Not sure if it's a good time to sell, or a good time to hold and enjoy it while it's not depreciating 😂

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not sure how a sample of 1 projects to "the US dealers" which would imply all.
I was shopping 4 months ago and there was a ton of inventory nationwide. I also see 8 or 9 new cars on DuPont Registry.

You are the first person I have heard say anything about a “shortage” of inventory.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Why can't you buy a new 720? In the US the dealers have tons of new 2020 models still.
these are new old stock cars from the dealer lot, not cars you order and spec yourself ... you cannot spec a new one right now and get it from McLaren ... this will to my knowledge only be possible in 2021 again...

A new car for me is not some 0 milage car that stood at a dealer for some months or even a year or two - but a car which I order from my dealer in my exact spec - this is a big difference to what some ppl here see as new cars in my opinion

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was looking at the secondary market prices a few days ago and it certainly seems like the 720S prices have up-trended in comparison to where they were 4-6 mths ago. Great news for current owners, especially ones that bought 4-6 mths ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
not Sure if you are basing this off of looking online or speaking to the dealership. For example, Dimmitt in Tampa only shows 2 online. They actually have 10 in stock.
I've always wondering about this from the exotic marquees. From what I've seen, new exotic cars can be held back from online inventory to give it a different perception. I'm not sure the same goes for used cars tho.

·
Registered
2019 720S Performance - McLaren orange
40 Posts
I've been watching the market hard last 2-3 months . Many dealers jacked up the price by $10-20K in the last 1-2 weeks . I was in the market for 2019 Coupe as I wanted the warranty, market was super limited when it comes to 2019 cars .

601 - 620 of 632 Posts