McLaren Life banner

221 - 240 of 462 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
As someone who is helping in the surge planning for millions of patients, which includes working with Stanford (where I practiced for years), the modeling Stanford and we accept is not as extreme as the UK model that came out of the Imperial College of London predicting millions of patients dead. However, it's not as rosy as Levitt's hypothesis either (his is not even a mathematically based model.) The best model seems to be the one released on the 26th by the University of Washington - which takes into account a lower case fatality rate and the use of death as a better data point than cases (which is variable depending on testing availability). It also takes into account the mandated social distancing that has happened and takes into account individual variability without relegating to brownian motion of individuals (what many models use).

It also looks at the actual number of resources per the American Hospital Association in terms of hospital and ICU beds. It even does this per state and predicts peak date. California doesn't look as horrible as initially predicted. New York is as bad as we thought.

Here's the link: IHME | COVID-19 Projections

Long story short... it won't be the apocalypse. But don't be surprised if 85,000 people die in 4 months.
Again, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,123 Posts
You insulted me numerous times - why I have no idea.
Now you say free to go or stay - moderator ego
Boot me off could care less - the only decent posts are Boxer and few others and all are on social media.
No one posts in Senna section and posts in 720 section whiners or guys like you going to the traffic threads pissing in each one.

These are sad times and your right I am a stand up guy and the last thing needed is your condescending smell my own farts wipe the door on your way out.

Adopted a 15 year old two years ago who lost her mother give generously support anyone who needs it because it's the right thing to do and I can.

Will show myself the door for some time as I asked you to send a pm but you had to be showboat moderator.

Stay well and certainly don't wish ill will - but for you when you talk shit someone will make you eat it that's just how life works.
well at least your sense of hypocrisy is in tact. Carry on

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Steering back to the original topic, has anyone noticed any difference in incentives for the 720s yet?

I know allmotor had found a good deal at one dealership on a 36 month lease...any others?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Steering back to the original topic, has anyone noticed any difference in incentives for the 720s yet?

I know allmotor had found a good deal at one dealership on a 36 month lease...any others?
Easiest way is for you to call and ask dealers, no? Please report back what you find.

It's odd that you are in Canada (which is where I'm assuming you will buy the car) and most of the forum users are based in USA.

Allmotor is not a real deal as far as I'm concerned (or the information he has presented isn't real). None of the math works and definitely not 7,500 miles per year.

·
Registered
44 Posts
As someone who is helping in the surge planning for millions of patients, which includes working with Stanford (where I practiced for years), the modeling Stanford and we accept is not as extreme as the UK model that came out of the Imperial College of London predicting millions of patients dead. However, it's not as rosy as Levitt's hypothesis either (his is not even a mathematically based model.) The best model seems to be the one released on the 26th by the University of Washington - which takes into account a lower case fatality rate and the use of death as a better data point than cases (which is variable depending on testing availability). It also takes into account the mandated social distancing that has happened and takes into account individual variability without relegating to brownian motion of individuals (what many models use).

It also looks at the actual number of resources per the American Hospital Association in terms of hospital and ICU beds. It even does this per state and predicts peak date. California doesn't look as horrible as initially predicted. New York is as bad as we thought.

Long story short... it won't be the apocalypse. But don't be surprised if 85,000 people die in 4 months.
Thank you for taking the time to inform rich assholes like us. Stay safe

·
Registered
41 Posts

I have monitored that link for several days. I have a question. The model does not appear to be dynamic. I am not seeing it update as circumstances change. Is the model simply a forecast based on the available data at that single moment in time?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have monitored that link for several days. I have a question. The model does not appear to be dynamic. I am not seeing it update as circumstances change. Is the model simply a forecast based on the available data at that single moment in time?
Looks to be predictive as of March 25. Interestingly its been fairly accurate 4 days into the prediction phase. I've compared it to this interactive live map, with a good half a day left into the 29th.

·
Registered
31 Posts

There were a few 720s press cars which were being sold with under 2000k miles as new a few weeks ago throughout the country. The leases on them were lower than 570s numbers as they were at about $100k off but with new car residuals. You need to contact respective dealerships to see if they still have any left.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks to be predictive as of March 25. Interestingly its been fairly accurate 4 days into the prediction phase. I've compared it to this interactive live map, with a good half a day left into the 29th.
Forecasts and models can be close in the early going, staying close later is the hard part.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There were a few 720s press cars which were being sold with under 2000k miles as new a few weeks ago throughout the country. The leases on them were lower than 570s numbers as they were at about $100k off but with new car residuals. You need to contact respective dealerships to see if they still have any left.
To my knowledge, there are only 2 press cars out there still at dealers.. Seattle and Atlanta. The one in Atlanta may have been a pure McLaren car. I did a lot of searching, those are the only two that I found. 2019 Spiders

·
Registered
71 Posts
In the states, we are still in the calm before the store as far as it hitting everywhere. If you are looking to buy a fun car, wait. Prices will be crazy. If you are looking to ditch your car anytime soon, the sooner the better. We are in a recession and with 30% unemployment it isn't going to get better. If you've been waiting to buy a toy, you'll be in a tenable position to get a steal.

Lost first friend to it this week. People don't realize how bad this is going to get. Stay safe.

·
Registered
423 Posts
In the states, we are still in the calm before the store as far as it hitting everywhere. If you are looking to buy a fun car, wait. Prices will be crazy. If you are looking to ditch your car anytime soon, the sooner the better. We are in a recession and with 30% unemployment it isn't going to get better. If you've been waiting to buy a toy, you'll be in a tenable position to get a steal.

Lost first friend to it this week. People don't realize how bad this is going to get. Stay safe.
Sorry for you loss!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
To my knowledge, there are only 2 press cars out there still at dealers.. Seattle and Atlanta. The one in Atlanta may have been a pure McLaren car. I did a lot of searching, those are the only two that I found. 2019 Spiders
Looks like there is probably going to be more for sale soon with all the pure McLaren events canceled for the rest of the year

·
Registered
31 Posts
Forecasts and models can be close in the early going, staying close later is the hard part.
The model has updated again as of yesterday.
Looks like there is probably going to be more for sale soon with all the pure McLaren events canceled for the rest of the year
If they do come out they will go fast. Lease rates were 3.99% and offering 24 month terms, with somewhere around $40k to be financed based on new car residuals. When you do the math, the monthly on zero down is less than a new 911.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The coronavirus panic is real and cars are now being dumped. Just got a call from a friend in Scottsdale who has a 2016 570s with 9,000 miles, clean title no stories, $250k msrp, DME tune, and Pure stage 2 turbos that needs to sell ASAP for $105k.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
jesus 105k some people are going to ruin the market for everyone if dumping things that cheap|
does he have a loan value of 105k just to get out of it?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The coronavirus panic is real and cars are now being dumped. Just got a call from a friend in Scottsdale who has a 2016 570s with 9,000 miles, clean title no stories, $250k msrp, DME tune, and Pure stage 2 turbos that needs to sell ASAP for $105k.
of course its real - many small/medium business owners are likely to suffer hefty declines in sales ... if you own a 2nd or 3rd car as a pure fun asset or more thats one of the easiest ways to get some money fast to stay afloat for some time ...

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Not sure that's "dumping". It's modded and it's a 2016 570S. I'd say it's a only a $120K car anyway.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not sure that's "dumping". It's modded and it's a 2016 570S. I'd say it's a only a $120K car anyway.
Just called my dealer out of curiosity what they would give on that car for trade in, nothing else. $130k. Looks like I will be brokering the deal and making an easy $25k without even touching the car! haha

221 - 240 of 462 Posts