McLaren Life banner

201 - 220 of 575 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Yea spare me. Especially coming from you that's rich. Your posterior assertions are just fine for what they are. Totally unpersuasive. Let's leave it at we can agree to disagree since your bottom line real truth is your mere opinion. Before you go casting aspersions on the Rs

And for the record, Im a dem. As for thieving CEOs, yea they must have made up this virus in their evil liars, way to move goalposts to different topics, right after they pulled iPhones out of their imaginations and created spectacular wealth along with capitalism. Your soap box bores me, mostly because it was bequeathed to you not by the proletariate, but by some person that saved enough, risked enough others people capital to get some industry going, that figured out how to make it so Joe six pack could make the box without thinking to hard, taught them how to make it, and then got the rent paid on the factory, into distribution, slapping in front of your face in some swank store that Joe pay check could go to and buy with ease...all the while not knowing if anyone would buy the damn soapbox. But you know, with hindsight, success has a 1000s of Joe paycheck fathers, and the failures are all orphans.
Why the need to be mean and seek argument - can't tell you how to act or feel unless you allow it which is a whole subject if you want to go there.
Began working at a young age and put 70 plus hours a week creating something from nothing over and over it's what I do.
It's not about you or me nor D vs R. It's about the lying current admin - debt has risen the wealthy become wealthier and the workers of the country hurt who actually pay taxes.
I don't like liars and little patience for your assertions.
Companies import export dollars products and craft offshore companies to move dirty money thru banks - Deutsche bank thinking is going on - it's disgusting and it's the reason the people of NY and those who actually know or have done business with Trump hate him. Stormy was a perfect vision into how he operates and his political friends are the same kind as are the companies who bought back stock with tax cuts and now same companies need bail outs.

My company made more money in bad times than good times - because of the people who thought work was an idea - a lot like your post. Anyone who works for a living will always be able to provide to their family because they don't see failure as an option or a reason to screw someone else.

Edited - there is a virus on my computer that keeps losing my connection. Sort of like you :) please read below it's reflective of my thoughts -

Why -
Boeing, which recently asked lawmakers for a massive financial aid package to prop up its industry, could qualify for a special $17 billion slice of the proposed $2 trillion stimulus package

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Got a lease offer for $1780/mo 7.5K miles/yr. 3.49% - 36mo 62% residual. On a $335K MSRP car. This was the initial volley... lets see where I can get this to.
wow insane deal especially with that many alloted miles

if could get a spider to 2k with zero down and that many miles per year would be headed to the dealer

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got a lease offer for $1780/mo 7.5K miles/yr. 3.49% - 36mo 62% residual. On a $335K MSRP car. This was the initial volley... lets see where I can get this to.
Wow! That is an insane lease quote. Let us know if your dealer has any more 720S like that one to lease. I would take one myself, specially with 7,500 mi/yr!!

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,166 Posts
Why the need to be mean and seek argument - can't tell you how to act or feel unless you allow it which is a whole subject if you want to go there.
Began working at a young age and put 70 plus hours a week creating something from nothing over and over it's what I do.
It's not about you or me nor D vs R. It's about the lying current admin - debt has risen the wealthy become wealthier and the workers of the country hurt who actually pay taxes.
Companies import export dollars products and craft offshore companies to move dirty money thru banks - Deutsche bank thinking is going on - it's disgusting and it's the reason the people of NY and those who actually know or have done business with Trump hate him. Stormy was a perfect vision into how he operates and his political friends are the same kind as are the companies who bought back stock with tax cuts and now same companies need bail outs.

My company made more money in bad times than good times - because of the people who thought work was an idea - a lot like your post. Anyone who works for a living will always be able to provide to their family because they don't see failure as an option or a reason to screw someone else.

Edited - there is a virus on my computer that keeps losing my connection. Sort of like you :) please read below it's reflective of my thoughts -

Why -
Boeing, which recently asked lawmakers for a massive financial aid package to prop up its industry, could qualify for a special $17 billion slice of the proposed $2 trillion stimulus package
Lol, at least my assertions had some backup, and not just baseless opinion. To which you are fully entitled. Have at it. It's a very new and startling position. Orange man bad. All rich people are bad, except for yourself of course. It's always completely different for you. Mhmm.

Yea, let's end where we started. We can agree to disagree.

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
Why the need to be mean and seek argument...
Bit of a double standard there? :unsure:

Companies import export dollars products and craft offshore companies to move dirty money thru banks - Deutsche bank thinking is going on - it's disgusting and it's the reason the people of NY and those who actually know or have done business with Trump hate him.
Do you think that none of Trump's critics 'craft offshore companies to move dirty money through banks'?

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Bit of a double standard there? :unsure:

Do you think that none of Trump's critics 'craft offshore companies to move dirty money through banks'?
Lol, at least my assertions had some backup, and not just baseless opinion. To which you are fully entitled. Have at it. It's a very new and startling position. Orange man bad. All rich people are bad, except for yourself of course. It's always completely different for you. Mhmm.

Yea, let's end where we started. We can agree to disagree.
Zumbie dumbie replied to a comment I made to someone else and keeps making them and then tossed the towel.
You do the same thing as if responding to his weak sauce wasn't enough you add yours -
Suggest you two find a hobby passion sex toy something that makes you both happy - maybe you two should spend some quality time together - hear Zoom is very popular these day.

I know I know by posting some political riled you two up - got the memo but you two need someone who likes misery more than cars. Misery isn't a bad thing you two make a cute dysfunctional couple :)

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,166 Posts
Zumbie dumbie replied to a comment I made to someone else and keeps making them and then tossed the towel.
You do the same thing as if responding to his weak sauce wasn't enough you add yours -
Suggest you two find a hobby passion sex toy something that makes you both happy - maybe you two should spend some quality time together - hear Zoom is very popular these day.

I know I know by posting some political riled you two up - got the memo but you two need someone who likes misery more than cars. Misery isn't a bad thing you two make a cute dysfunctional couple :)
dude you’ve been sniffing your own farts too long

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Side note. People have been crazy lately. Corona and quarantine is bringing it out. Get out and go for a drive guys. These are McLaren's. Some of the best cars ever made in history IMO. Miles=smiles
Went for a drive with the wife today - sunny 72 degrees it was first time pushed the pedal and heard the turbo's. Never imagined owning a car like the Senna.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
No ones keeping you here. Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out. I don’t want to have to wipe it down.
Been here longer than you and visit this section to discuss 765LT.
You know I came back after some time away from the brand to learn about the Senna and ended buying XP. Anything further please send me a pm as a moderator you are out of line as a person feel free to try it in real life and I will wipe the floor with you - that's a promise.
See below - it's what is keeping me here added one of my son and I look forward to meeting you one day - it's a small world.

Attachments

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
360 Posts
The more that people fail to cooperate around this world, the lower the prices of luxury items will drop (my broad assumption).

If this thread is representative of the sort of cooperation and respect we will be seeing going forward, our 720s indeed stand to become less valuable. Sure, the 1% will come out of all this in better shape and pick up the bargains. But the one percent behind them, including myself, will have a much harder time having the resources for the luxuries we have been accustomed to.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
The more that people fail to cooperate around this world, the lower the prices of luxury items will drop (my broad assumption).

If this thread is representative of the sort of cooperation and respect we will be seeing going forward, our 720s indeed stand to become less valuable. Sure, the 1% will come out of all this in better shape and pick up the bargains. But the one percent behind them, including myself, will have a much harder time having the resources for the luxuries we have been accustomed to.
It's not and my apologies. Been putting in 18 hour days and get the messages on my e-mail and my hope is it's taken off the thread.

During those 18 hour days outside my friends taking their families on Spring break people are working and companies are paying employees. The SBA has put a lot of programs and money to help small companies. Our local hospital is taking blood from survivors of the virus to use against those who receive the virus - hoping that's happening everywhere. People are social distancing taking precaution and staying productive. China is shipping retailers there are opening there a few good signs and let's hope the curve flattens.

A lot of investment firms were moving customers to cash Q3 2019 - just got off a call and was told there is 390M sitting on the sideline for commercial real estate. We have had 10 solid years of growth - its a bump and it will return to normal then expect growth as low interest rates offers tons of opportunity. Positive thoughts - positive energy.

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,166 Posts
Been here longer than you and visit this section to discuss 765LT.
You know I came back after some time away from the brand to learn about the Senna and ended buying XP. Anything further please send me a pm as a moderator you are out of line as a person feel free to try it in real life and I will wipe the floor with you - that's a promise.
See below - it's what is keeping me here added one of my son and I look forward to meeting you one day - it's a small world.
Ok Champ. You're as free as your will to stay or go, or have any histrionics you care to. And I hope you have a good time doing whatever it is you choose.

As for dictating where messages go, youre free to ask. This may come as a shock to you, but youre on a public Internet forum. You put up an opinion, dont be surprised to see other ones, even those that dont agree with you.

I'm not going to comment too much on the rest of your post, because it's just kind of sad, and I think better of you than that. My opinion probably isn't worth much to you, which is fair, but I think when you get past fuming at me, you might want to not bring your own family into this. You and your son seem like handsome fellows by the way. And for what it's worth, from your history I know you to be a very stand up guy.

You should try to keep a little perspective on this, IMO, youre arguing politics, on a public car forum on the internet. There's nothing to get that crazy over. You and I probably agree on a million other things. It's more than fair we disagree on politics. Again, bringing us back to the beginning where we can agree to disagree.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
First, mistakes being made in hindsight is cheap. The most important thing is to act and to act quickly, knowing full well mistakes will be made. Not acting is the worst thing to be done. We are all geniuses with hindsight, and all mute muppets when asked what to do in tough situations right at the moment.

I'm sure all the people pontificating with the benefit of hindsight have made billions in the markets knowing exactly when to buy sell on dips and peaks. Everyone here playing that perfectly right now. I mean free money. Buy low, sell high, easy.

That said, that the tests we had on hand were defective... sure that sucks. Was it a good call to dump them and wait for good ones. Dunno. Maybe the false negatives/positives would have done more harm than not testing. You may be sure, but I'm still not sure. It's a close enough call that to call it a mistake, IMO, is petty. Others will say it was correct.

Sure there was a mistake there in that the tests were defective. Why? Who the hell knows. You figure that out later. It does ZERO good right now to find some sacrificial person from the testing company to blame...It will not make anyone safer, and playing blame on that person wont make anyone feel any better either.

That the Obama administration didn't resupply masks etc that were used up in previous virus spreads despite being told to... is there blame to go around? Should Trump have started his press conferences with "DOOOOOOOOOM" instead of sunshine at the earlier stages. Some think that would have caused more panic than help things, others think it may have helped to go straight to defcon 10. I can see both sides. You choose the best path you can at the time. The after fact tarring of tough decisions is basically all partisan as far as I can see it, on both sides. It's more toxic than the virus.

It's so much Captain Hindsight stuff.

Petty, cheap and irrelevant. Unfortunately most times you dont learn these lessons unless and until it happens to you. South Korea went through this twice before and built up systems that worked for it. This is thankfully a relatively benign (as compared to say Ebola) pandemic. It's one that we NEED to learn from. From individuals becoming a bit more "prepper'ish" to localities and federal governments on how to cope.

Here, let me give you some brilliance coming out of NY State by our leaders. Food deliveries to buildings will only go to the door person and residents need to come down to get them (usually they deliver to your door). One slight problem, the state also says if you (and anyone in your apartment even if they dont) have the virus MAY NOT leave your apartment. So I guess you just starve. So now we are forcing CONFIRMED virus suffers to go down to get food. It's insane. We probably should send up delivery people (assuming they have mask and gloves) up to the infirmed, but they are making up these rules as fast as they can and not able to see all the interactions.

Do I blame them even for something this daft? Nope. To be somewhat fair, I don't know what's the lesser evil. Forcing known sick people to go down and get the food or sending delivery people that are basically Typhoid Mary all around the buildings. I think sending up a delivery person is, but who knows. The point is doing something here, even if not perfect, is better than doing nothing. You do the best you can.

Now, if/when this happens again, and it's a s**tshow again, then yes, I can see being more critical. In the mean time, IMO, it's much better to pitch in. Help out. Help straighten things out. The reality is people are so desperately holding on to partisan ship they wont let it go no matter what. There is no feeling of 'we're in this together'. There is just "I hate the other". People can try to say otherwise, but words are cheap. And actions tell the tale. And we're all going to reap what we sow here several times over.

To me, that's the biggest 'mistake' of this entire thing. But it's not just the politicians that are to blame, so are we all. As always, YMMV.

And that's why 720 prices will continue to drop! There, totally on topic now. :D
I'm not sure why you're upset. I'm stating pretty much what everyone in healthcare knows. The CDC made key mistakes. That should be acknowledged. It's clear the best way forward is social distancing that is mandated. Does it need to be nationwide? Probably not. Does it need to happen regionally? Yes.

Very few of the doctors around me who are sitting here worried about getting a virus that may kill them and their family seem to think that this is a political thing. It's pretty simple - you either quarantine everyone or you test everyone. Pick one.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Interesting perspective by Nobel Laureate on why impact may be lower than expected Why this Nobel laureate predicts a quicker coronavirus recovery: 'We're going to be fine'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As someone who is helping in the surge planning for millions of patients, which includes working with Stanford (where I practiced for years), the modeling Stanford and we accept is not as extreme as the UK model that came out of the Imperial College of London predicting millions of patients dead. However, it's not as rosy as Levitt's hypothesis either (his is not even a mathematically based model.) The best model seems to be the one released on the 26th by the University of Washington - which takes into account a lower case fatality rate and the use of death as a better data point than cases (which is variable depending on testing availability). It also takes into account the mandated social distancing that has happened and takes into account individual variability without relegating to brownian motion of individuals (what many models use).

It also looks at the actual number of resources per the American Hospital Association in terms of hospital and ICU beds. It even does this per state and predicts peak date. California doesn't look as horrible as initially predicted. New York is as bad as we thought.

Here's the link: IHME | COVID-19 Projections

Long story short... it won't be the apocalypse. But don't be surprised if 85,000 people die in 4 months.

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,166 Posts
I'm not sure why you're upset. I'm stating pretty much what everyone in healthcare knows. The CDC made key mistakes. That should be acknowledged. It's clear the best way forward is social distancing that is mandated. Does it need to be nationwide? Probably not. Does it need to happen regionally? Yes.

Very few of the doctors around me who are sitting here worried about getting a virus that may kill them and their family seem to think that this is a political thing. It's pretty simple - you either quarantine everyone or you test everyone. Pick one.
I agree mistakes should be acknowledged. Learned from. I don’t know that those are our only options, I’ll defer to and you’re greater knowledge on that (tests vs quarantin). And not with regard to the cdc’s errors I think you’re noting, but to some degree, mistakes are to be encouraged as a consequence of moving forward, and that being frozen to inaction is an even greater mistake.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Ok Champ. You're as free as your will to stay or go, or have any histrionics you care to. And I hope you have a good time doing whatever it is you choose.

As for dictating where messages go, youre free to ask. This may come as a shock to you, but youre on a public Internet forum. You put up an opinion, dont be surprised to see other ones, even those that dont agree with you.

I'm not going to comment too much on the rest of your post, because it's just kind of sad, and I think better of you than that. My opinion probably isn't worth much to you, which is fair, but I think when you get past fuming at me, you might want to not bring your own family into this. You and your son seem like handsome fellows by the way. And for what it's worth, from your history I know you to be a very stand up guy.

You should try to keep a little perspective on this, IMO, youre arguing politics, on a public car forum on the internet. There's nothing to get that crazy over. You and I probably agree on a million other things. It's more than fair we disagree on politics. Again, bringing us back to the beginning where we can agree to disagree.
You insulted me numerous times - why I have no idea.
Now you say free to go or stay - moderator ego
Boot me off could care less - the only decent posts are Boxer and few others and all are on social media.
No one posts in Senna section and posts in 720 section whiners or guys like you going to the traffic threads pissing in each one.

These are sad times and your right I am a stand up guy and the last thing needed is your condescending smell my own farts wipe the door on your way out.

Adopted a 15 year old two years ago who lost her mother give generously support anyone who needs it because it's the right thing to do and I can.

Will show myself the door for some time as I asked you to send a pm but you had to be showboat moderator.

Stay well and certainly don't wish ill will - but for you when you talk shit someone will make you eat it that's just how life works.

201 - 220 of 575 Posts