McLaren Life banner

181 - 200 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
... like those who complain about EVERYTHING about the current administration, but yet found/find no wrong doing with the prior administration ....
So let me get this straight. You expect to complain about everything about the previous administration and cry foul when its done to your administration?? Cut the bullshit. You sound like the type of person who thinks you can slap someone in the face and expect them not to punch you back because you somehow have that right and they don't? Try that shit with me and I'll do my best to knock you out!!

Now if you want progress to be made try checking yourself and your side making sure you don't start no ridiculous bullshit and maybe the other side will follow suit. So don't start none and there wont be none! Otherwise deal with it and stop!!

·
Owner
725 Posts
Dude, stop your tough talk... nobody would knock me out ... I would let you make the first antifa move, then I'd kick your teeth in ... and yes, I could.
The BS on this site already started from 'your side' a long time ago calling OUR President "orange man", etc. (Of course, plastic surgery-hair plug-pedo Joe Biden -- the other presumptive candidate, remains unscathed....) If you think using federal resources to spy on a political opponent is cool, then by all means continue with your blinders on.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'll talk as I like and you could try and I will respond in kind! But my comment was more figuratively. If you think you can attack someone or something constantly for 8 years and don't expect it back then you must think you have rights others don't, which is bullshit!! But of course you purposely ignored that point because as usual you won't address what got us here in the first place because you'd have to look in the mirror. I must have borrowed your blinders!

·
Owner
725 Posts
I didn't ignore any point, I am busy working as usual, and in a hurry as usual. Don't assume that I'm the type that would hit, and not expect retaliation. I will try not to assume who you are or why your political views are what they are -- try to give me the same courtesy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
I wonder if the stimulus package will help retain the 720s's values....looks like the stock market is rebounding somewhat (allbeit artificially)....may be what is needed to preserve the economy...

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,125 Posts
I wonder if the stimulus package will help retain the 720s's values....looks like the stock market is rebounding somewhat (allbeit artificially)....may be what is needed to preserve the economy...
Expect the market to yo-yo for quite a bit. I dont think you should expect it to consistently rise until we hear solid reports on the curve flattening. My guess is may at the earliest. Again, I hope I'm wrong and things turn hunky dory right away, but my best guess is may for a consistent market recovery.

That said, and more seriously to the thread's topic, I would think 720 prices are BARGAINS right now. Anyone that needs to sell right now will be selling into what I imagine is a bloodbath of depreciation because of lack of buyers. This is the kind of purchase most make when their portfolios are ok. Billionaires dont care, but most of these cars are bought by those in the 2-10M net worth range, and those folks are all puckering parts of themselves looking at the market. That's of course just my guesstimate, but I'd expect prices to be depressed as heck until broader markets recover.

Sooooo now is a great time to buy if you have the means.

Question is does the artificial price depression on the 720 stay 'sticky' even after the markets recover? I would hope not for the health of McLaren, but I dont know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got a lease offer for $1780/mo 7.5K miles/yr. 3.49% - 36mo 62% residual. On a $335K MSRP car. This was the initial volley... lets see where I can get this to.

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
319 Posts
Got a lease offer for $1780/mo 7.5K miles/yr. 3.49% - 36mo 62% residual. On a $335K MSRP car. This was the initial volley... lets see where I can get this to.
That’s remarkable, hard to fathom such numbers.

Monday we leased a new 720 spider, liked the spec and protection from depreciation. Not the numbers you quote here though.

And oh yeah, first drive today. No comparison to a 570. But that’s another story.

·
Registered
699 Posts
We elected a moron and bad decisions have consequences. Usually that doesn't cost so much, but this time a lot of people that didn't need to die are going to.

·
Registered
2020 720 Spider
140 Posts
That’s an insane deal. So basically to make those numbers work...they are selling the car for roughly $270k...that’s about 20% off MSRP and $0 down...Nuts!!!

Hard to pass that up...Besides the 720 is such a ridiculously good car. I still can’t get over how much better it is than my 570 which was an awesome car.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Sure lets compare them to the market crash of 2008. Any other apples and orange comparisons we should engage in?
I am good with what I stated - you want to take 2008 then let's go back to 2000. I was responding to a post. McCain passed and Romney stands alone - it's poor gamesmanship.

Here is one that is not only in response to the prior post but for it's the real truth. Bottom line the working class is not something team R understands or cares to understand. The wealthy have gotten wealthy enough if you don't think so go talk to the guy who lives paycheck to paycheck due to the CEO thieves. We are heading right back to 2008 if we don't change the line up.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Way to go get angry about the economic consequences of this? It’s time to place blame squarely on the democrats. Each day stimulus isn’t passed, tens of thousands lose jobs. The DNC has blocked passage of a bill for diversity on corporate boards, requiring same-day voter registration (aka fraud) in all 50 states, a bailout of the U.S. Postal Service (who isn’t laying off workers), funding for the Kennedy Center(wtf?), establishing a permanent $15-an-hour minimum wage (to small businesses who can’t afford to keep employees) , and zero carbon footprint regulations for already struggling airlines. The the leftist Lenin Christmas wishlist packed into a “stimulus” bill! What does ANY of this have to do with the crisis?youre right- NOTHING. You can’t even make this stuff up. This is what’s putting people out of work, closing restaurants and yes, wrecking 720s values.
Your right you can't make this stuff up - we used to have decency. I don't know what we will have when this is over.

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,125 Posts
I am good with what I stated - you want to take 2008 then let's go back to 2000. I was responding to a post.

Here is one that is not only in response but the real truth. Bottom line - working class is not something team R understands or cares to understand. The wealthy have gotten wealthy enough if you don't think so go talk to the guy who lives paycheck to paycheck due to the CEO thieves. It makes sense big CEO's and politicians stick together until it doesn't.

Yea spare me. Especially coming from you that's rich. Your posterior assertions are just fine for what they are. Totally unpersuasive. Let's leave it at we can agree to disagree since your bottom line real truth is your mere opinion. Before you go casting aspersions on the Rs

And for the record, Im a dem. As for thieving CEOs, yea they must have made up this virus in their evil liars, way to move goalposts to different topics, right after they pulled iPhones out of their imaginations and created spectacular wealth along with capitalism. Your soap box bores me, mostly because it was bequeathed to you not by the proletariate, but by some person that saved enough, risked enough others people capital to get some industry going, that figured out how to make it so Joe six pack could make the box without thinking to hard, taught them how to make it, and then got the rent paid on the factory, into distribution, slapping in front of your face in some swank store that Joe pay check could go to and buy with ease...all the while not knowing if anyone would buy the damn soapbox. But you know, with hindsight, success has a 1000s of Joe paycheck fathers, and the failures are all orphans.

181 - 200 of 485 Posts