McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what people are paying for their 2nd service. Have to bring my car in next week,
was quoted initially $2750. Seems high for an oil change, brake flush, 60 point Inspection and a few other things.

Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
A few weeks ago I paid $1780 for the 2nd annual inspection in Florida. Find a dealer that blushes when he does that to you.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just got a quote from Sterling VA for $2226. That was including 6% tax. Although they said would evaluate my wipers and some of the filters, and if they didn't need to be changed they wouldn't change them to save me some extra money

Updated- They just called me and said they can do it for 1915 which is also including the 6% tax in VA.

·
Registered
58 Posts
the quoted rates seem exorbitant to me, for the little rider, who rolls less than 30,000km between each service.
the interventions of even years are "almost" only visual interventions.
look at your maintenance booklet it's written on it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
All those rates are outrageous. My McLaren dealer did my oil change, brake fluid, inspection for $1,196 grand total including tax.

·
Registered
113 Posts
All those rates are outrageous. My McLaren dealer did my oil change, brake fluid, inspection for $1,196 grand total including tax.
All dealers definitely aren’t created equal, that is for sure. I know mine has nice people working there, but they could definitely improve immensely.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just completed my 2nd year service at SF McLaren and paid $1784, including tax. I opted out of the windshield wiper and the in-cabin filter replacements, which shaved about $600 off the price. I estimating that the whole service took about 5 hours max (I left the car with them overnight), so what is the labor cost here? Well over $100/hour. For the 6.5 liters of Mobil synthetic 0W-40 I was charged $240. You can buy the same brand of oil on Amazon for about $55. Quite the markup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts