1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yeah, this was supposed to be part of the McLaren electronics - who cares about Bluetooth and fancy sound systems - Corvette one-ups McLaren in the video data acquisition arena. SHAME on McLaren!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yep. Now I know why McLaren failed to develop the same features in Iris: they say the storage device is in the glove box ... and the 12c doesn't have one. :D

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Wow!! That is truly cool. I would love to have a car with that kinda telemetry data!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
There is lap timing and telemetry data in the McLaren GT Sprint and they are looking into recording cameras and such for it too...

·
Registered
3,072 Posts

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
The HUD on recent/current Corvette models was another bit of kit that I found to be rather cool...

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
The GT Sprint on sale at McLaren Zurich has the VBOX Pro installed so it's there already. The laptimer at the stack display looked very cool.
Is the vbox standard as it were do you know mcdc or has it been added by the dealer?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The GT Sprint on sale at McLaren Zurich has the VBOX Pro installed so it's there already. The laptimer at the stack display looked very cool.
Do you have details on this car?

And Mikeyb, I doubt it was standard, they are looking into making an option for video hardware, but its not yet decided.

BTW, I am about to throw my VBox out of the window, either the damn thing is broken already or I am an idiot.

I can not get the thing to read ANY CAN BUS data at all from the 12C, although it claims it is seeing the CAN Bus sending data, and it has given up on getting a GPS lock completely also.

Drives me insane. It can not be this hard!

McDc, that connection to the vbox retailer in germany might be great now <G> Could you PM me?

·
Registered
8,123 Posts

And Mikeyb, I doubt it was standard, they are looking into making an option for video hardware, but its not yet decided.

BTW, I am about to throw my VBox out of the window, either the damn thing is broken already or I am an idiot.

I can not get the thing to read ANY CAN BUS data at all from the 12C, although it claims it is seeing the CAN Bus sending data, and it has given up on getting a GPS lock completely also.

McDc, that connection to the vbox retailer in germany might be great now <G> Could you PM me?
Thank you sir!

·
Owner
893 Posts
The 2015 Corvette Z06 (to be unveiled next week) has 620hp and a whopping 650 lb-ft of torque !! :eek: You know the old saying: Horsepower sells cars; Torque wins races.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts

I assume you have loaded the correct CAN bus profile onto the vbox using the setup software ?

PM sent.

PS: What details are you interrested in about the GT Sprint at McLaren Zurich ? It's for sale, price is EUR 266K if I remember correctly.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I assume you have loaded the correct CAN bus profile onto the vbox using the setup software ?

PM sent.

PS: What details are you interrested in about the GT Sprint at McLaren Zurich ? It's for sale, price is EUR 266K if I remember correctly.
Color basically... Do not see it on their site.

And is it used? or new?

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Its a bit pricey at that number isn't it... they're 199 gbp, admitted they're ex vat but they're vat free in the uk....I guess they're adding the 15% import into Swiss which shouldn't be necessary? I would just leave it as a uk car and never have to worry about tax in Switzerland?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Its a bit pricey at that number isn't it... they're 199 gbp, admitted they're ex vat but they're vat free in the uk....I guess they're adding the 15% import into Swiss which shouldn't be necessary? I would just leave it as a uk car and never have to worry about tax in Switzerland?
Why are they vat free?

I do not want MO anyway, too standard for the Sprint... I will order a custom one, gonna sit down with GT when I am there for my P1 hopefully end of the month.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
cos they're not road worthy... so they are 'ex works'... beyond that I can't explain I am sorry.... I will find out and put a better explanation up...
I think I would have to have an orange one.. and then most probably wrap it each year....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts