McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think a simple race would sort it out with the tagline, 'Our Reality; Your Delusion' should sort it. But I imagine other people have better ideas ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
In fairness it's just a silly fanboy. I am sure McLaren would not respond to every fanboy who tries to tune his car (let alone stock) and dreams that they have a McLaren killer.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hey nothing like free advertising for McLaren on behalf of GM. Well at least someone's doing something about marketing the MP4-12C good or bad. Honestly I don't think this is a bad thing, it definitely raises curiosity about the competition if you want to call it that. Cheers......??

·
Registered
17 Posts
This isn't an actual GM advertisement. It's something some dealer came up with. It's not a knock against the 12C. He just picked that car at random to go against the Corvette. It could've been any car.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
This isn't an actual GM advertisement. It's something some dealer came up with. It's not a knock against the 12C. He just picked that car at random to go against the Corvette. It could've been any car.

That's really to bad :( , I honestly think it would have worked in McLaren's favor this type of advertising. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
This just looks to me like the 12c is being used as THE CAR to beat again. Consider it a backhanded compliment to McLaren. Corvette would like to be considered the fastest, meanest machines out there. Who have they got to knock off the top spot for that? ;)

I was also reading through some of the YouTube comments and came across this one:

"danvel37

Well, if i were a MP4, and suddenly i start to dream i am a stingrey i will get scared as fuck too!"

An interesting way of looking at it. :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think it was done more as a project to show the production skills and creative ideas of the poster rather than as a real commercial. I hope that's the reason it was made. In that regard it's nice work for just a guy with a camera and a computer. The poster admitted in the comments, "Yes a McLaren is much faster."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts