McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Recently just purchased a 2018 570 spider from San Diego and am in need of new tires BAD. The Pirelli Corsa that came on it are already shot and I absolutely loved the feel and confidence of the 600lt Spider with cup 2s over my car. Has anyone went to Pilot Sport Cup 2s on the stock 570s wheels? If so, what is the correct size to go as they don't come in the 225/285 stock size. Thank you guys!

·
Registered
2019 Vega Blue McLaren 570S Coupe
20 Posts
I’d be going 235/35R19 for front and 285/35R20 for the rear on the stock wheels for Cup 2

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey guys, Recently just purchased a 2018 570 spider from San Diego and am in need of new tires BAD. The Pirelli Corsa that came on it are already shot and I absolutely loved the feel and confidence of the 600lt Spider with cup 2s over my car. Has anyone went to Pilot Sport Cup 2s on the stock 570s wheels? If so, what is the correct size to go as they don't come in the 225/285 stock size. Thank you guys!
I am surprised you liked the Cup 2's. I had them on a car and did not like them. I could not get them hot enough on the street to make them have any grip. I bought a second set of rims and used them for track days. They were great for track days.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Stock rims run stock size tires or it will handle poorly. If you want wider tires, get proper wider wheels. I run cup2 on 245/305's on finspeed 9/11. They are fine on the street with heat. They are better than the pirellis even cold to cold.

I ran 235/295s on 8/10 on a Porsche back when a kid as I was greedy. What a mistake. It noticeably handled and steered like shit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I run 235/305 on stock wheels and they are fine. Offset looks good as well. Handling is not a compromise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts