McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, new to the McLaren and had a few quick questions hopefully someone can answer. One, the manual says the oil and coolant gauges would have a blue bar at start up and then turn gray once normal temp is reached. The oil gauge does this, but the coolant gauge is gray at first start up. Is that normal? Also, how long does it typically take oil to reach normal temp? My Porsche would take at least 5 miles of driving before reaching 175 degrees, but McLaren was at the mid point and in the gray in no time.

My waxing question relates to the door sensors for swiping. Does waxing this area impact swiping at all? I would think not, but thought I would check. Thanks all and glad to be a part of the club.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
It warms up pretty quickly. Couple miles at the most for me in summer months. I usually keep it in Auto till the temp is pegged grey and at the mid point of the bar. Then switch to Manual in Sport or Track and start giving her Hell.

Waxing shouldn't affect swipe.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Also keep an eye on the oil level; I have got caught out a couple of times. As with any high performance engine, you should allow it warm up before giving it the nuts also after a hard run, if possible allow the engine to run on tick over for 15 or so secs, in order to allow the turbos to cool down...

With regard to waxing, I have 3 coats of Swiss wax on top of the paint shield on both my 12cs, never a problem with sensors

1 - 4 of 4 Posts