McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my brand new 720s spider with about 280miles sprung a wonderful coolant leak.
My first thought was the dreaded defective clamp from 650s /12c that had plagued me in the past struck again, but to my surprise dealer said radiator was damaged from the inside and not by any road debris. So strange ??

·
Owner
268 Posts
That is very strange - "damaged from inside"...that translates to defective part unless something rubbed against it, which is very unlikely.
:(

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is very strange - "damaged from inside"...that translates to defective part unless something rubbed against it, which is very unlikely.
:(
Agree probably defective part. Not off to a good, starting to have 12c flashbacks of all the pain i endured. My 650s was pretty rock solid with only a few minor issues over 5 years.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Let me know if the dealer warranties it. My dealer avoided trying to warranty my car, blamed it on a rock puncture. I have a hard time believe a rock can fly in reverse to impact the backside of the radiator with a wheel well cover, multiple obstacles blocking the radiator and a radiator fan spinning at god knows how fast. Argued for two months or so and eventually got tired of going back and forth to give in. :( McLaren cars are a dream, but the after sales support is the worse I have ever experienced. I wish they would change for the better.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What is the backstory on this? Is this a new 720 and radiator starts leaking and McLaren says “not our problem “??

·
Registered
165 Posts
This as well. I have two stress fractures at the mounts creating very small leaks. Dealer and Mclaren denied. I'm going to try and nylon weld them. They are right at the rear mount for both so it's clear the part failed. :(

Let me know if the dealer warranties it. My dealer avoided trying to warranty my car, blamed it on a rock puncture. I have a hard time believe a rock can fly in reverse to impact the backside of the radiator with a wheel well cover, multiple obstacles blocking the radiator and a radiator fan spinning at god knows how fast. Argued for two months or so and eventually got tired of going back and forth to give in. :( McLaren cars are a dream, but the after sales support is the worse I have ever experienced. I wish they would change for the better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This as well. I have two stress fractures at the mounts creating very small leaks. Dealer and Mclaren denied. I'm going to try and nylon weld them. They are right at the rear mount for both so it's clear the part failed. :(
Another proof that McLaren aftersales sucks ****, they have serious issues that they won't claim is their fault.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is the backstory on this? Is this a new 720 and radiator starts leaking and McLaren says “not our problem “??
[/QUOTE
Brand new 720s with ~200 Miles on odometer. It was a pinhole leak on backside of radiator, they said it was defective. Replaced under warranty took them about 7 days as replacement part was not on hand.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Brand new 720s with ~200 Miles on odometer. It was a pinhole leak on backside of radiator, they said it was defective. Replaced under warranty took them about 7 days as replacement part was not on hand.
Where exactly? Both of mine had same and Mclaren denied. Have pics?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts