McLaren Life banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
One of my tenants is a tire install shop. I checked with him. They don’t offer conti 7s in 765 sizes. At least in the states he can’t get them. I may go back to stock pirellis and wait until next year.
Well that’s a bummer. Weird as well, especially the 305/30/20 size which is used on a tonne of high performance cars… would assume it’s only a matter of time..

·
2012 MP4-12C
9,420 Posts
I have decided to go with the Supercar 3 (not the 3R) next time....
Please let us know your experience once you get them and had a chance to feel them out. I'm getting the feeling our old tire thread needs an overhaul as so much has changed with the different models:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don’t want to start another tire thread.
Hate to hijack but here goes
675lt tires
Michelin PILOT SPORT CUP 2 CONNECT
Or

CONTINENTAL
EXTREMECONTACT SPORT
Or
Pzeros

trofeos not available

which to choose?

Lea
I track a 2019 Corvette Grand Sport that is modified and I am a former longtime racer
On the track i use Forgeline wheels in 19 inches with
Goodyear 3R tires like I used on my 12-C and have been using on my on my 600LT
For the Corvette for street I use The Continental Extreme Contact Sport In stock sizes as they are quiet and smooth
I have seen them used on C7 Corvettes on the track by guys who drive to the track. Several have told me
the Continentals are 2 seconds per lap slower than the OEM Michelin PSS tires that were superceeded by the P4S tire
Earlier this year I was at Spring Mountain and spoke with the tire boss at the Ron Fellows Corvette School where they had to switch
from the PSS to the PS4S for their fleet as Michelin is their sponsor
He said confirmed the PS4S is slower than the old PSS
The Continentals are not run flats , not R compound tires , less expensive but if lap times are not a priority they are not too bad
I would try the Supercar 3 if you can get them in your size
Yokahama makes an Advan V601 that I love as a dual sport tire which way outperforms the PS4S and costs less

Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

·
Registered
'15 650S Coupe, Aurora Blue
340 Posts
Yokahama makes an Advan V601 that I love as a dual sport tire which way outperforms the PS4S and costs less
Have you used them on our cars? At full tilt? Lower ambient temps? Etc Etc...
I run a diff flavor Yoko on my byke (Can Am SpyderF3S) and it's damn good... But the power and shear handling of my 650 has me hesitant about them...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Have tracked the Advans twice after driving ( not trailering like I normally do when using my 3R’s)
to the track 170 miles away
Was happy with tires The turn in is so sharp Braking excellent
Not an R rated tire but amazing
previous owner had just put on new P Zeros before I purchased it Scary bad tires
Also tried Torfeo R which were Excellent
I like PS4S on my McLarens but prefer the Advans for cornering and price
Read all the TireRack customer comments for the Advans
They were recommended to me by some Time Attack champions here in LA that use them on
modified Hondas etc

Reactions: Hypurone
21 - 25 of 25 Posts