McLaren Life banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Concord Auto Protect don't offer policies to California residents. I'm waiting for a call from iDeal Auto Protect.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Concord Auto Protect don't offer policies to California residents. I'm waiting for a call from iDeal Auto Protect.
iDeal Auto Protect started at $15k for a 5 year policy, then $10k for a 4 year, then offered a price match. Not keen on that sales approach.

Their email finally arrived with a price of $8500 (4 years, no deductible).

Both iDeal Auto Protect and Total Auto Protect have the exact same policy wording! Mmm

My biggest concern with either of these is that they list covered items, not excluded ones. For a car with systems designed somewhat differently than your average car, that worries me. Thoughts?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Does anyone have an easy / free way to assess the financial stability of warranty companies? I'm acutely aware that some of these companies could be scams.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I talked to Patriot Warranty yesterday, who offer a range of policies which could be of interest. Prices were a little too fluid for my liking, although the sales person was probably the most credible so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So far I've been impressed by the professionalism of Total Auto Protect; really get the impression they want to take care of their customers when things go wrong.

I (thankfully) haven't needed to file a claim (and hopefully won't ever), but will post back here in case I ever do with the experience.

·
Registered
671 Posts
So far I've been impressed by the professionalism of Total Auto Protect; really get the impression they want to take care of their customers when things go wrong.
That's the job of the sales people. I've been told that "anything that goes wrong inside the engine is [email protected], but that's not what the policy says. That worries me with these listed item policies.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts