McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a year since MSO fully plumbed in my Espresso Machine. It's proved more than useful on a number of occasions especially when caught in traffic jambs.

Recently on the usual 60 mins trip back from Heathrow it took 2.5 hours in the Friday night snarl up. At one point after being stationary for 15 mins we had a quick Macchiato. The car next to us beckoned my wife with swivelling hands so we made them Espresso. It is unusual to make new friends in rush hour traffic and see people happy to be there!

The PR value for Mclaren was massive and we helped fellow rush hour travellers get over the snarl up/

Well done MSO

Attachments

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It's been a year since MSO fully plumbed in my Espresso Machine. It's proved more than useful on a number of occasions especially when caught in traffic jambs.

Recently on the usual 60 mins trip back from Heathrow it took 2.5 hours in the Friday night snarl up. At one point after being stationary for 15 mins we had a quick Macchiato. The car next to us beckoned my wife with swivelling hands so we made them Espresso. It is unusual to make new friends in rush hour traffic and see people happy to be there!

The PR value for Mclaren was massive and we helped fellow rush hour travellers get over the snarl up/

Well done MSO
I'd hate to ask roundincircles but, how much was that MSO option, and is made out of CF to keep the weight down. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Titanium for their weight advantage when on a track day, They have a velcro finish so they stick to the alcantara in the event they become dislodged.

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
Espresso??? It should've been an electric percolator for some English Breakfast! :D

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd hate to ask roundincircles but, how much was that MSO option, and is made out of CF to keep the weight down. Cheers.....

Extremeride. I am not a fan of carbon so my car is free of the stuff apart from the tub. But the machine is made of unobtainium which is ultra light and I had it polished. I can't remember what it cost but I thought, at the time, it was reasonable value........definitely less than £20,000.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Extremeride. I am not a fan of carbon so my car is free of the stuff apart from the tub. But the machine is made of unobtainium which is ultra light and I had it polished. I can't remember what it cost but I thought, at the time, it was reasonable value........definitely less than £20,000.
That's hilarious, a little to steep for my pocketbook though. LOL....??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is it an option on the spyder ?? I can't figure out how long it will keep the Espresso hot...Unless you've plumbed it drysump or I maybe wrong...

DOHC ;)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think MSO would have to design some sort of extra wind deflector or your Cappuccino froth will go AWOL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts