McLaren Life banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I unlock the car, rather than move back, the seat moves ALL the way to the front making it virtually impossible to get in the car. I have tried enabling/disabling the comfort entry/exit, resetting the memory, and even factory defaults. Seems like no matter what I've tried, the seat is doing the opposite of what it should. Once I contort myself to get in and start the car, the seat will go back, but it is obviously a HUGE pain! Anyone else have this issue with seat going all the way forward when you unlock the car?

2012 MP4-12C 2018 720s
3,163 Posts
It may simply need a seat re-calibration. Usually when seats act weird, that solves it.

Reactions: eMcL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Dtrain21 My seats work as described below in the 720S user manual. It appears that a wire maybe crossed in your car as it is doing the opposite :( View attachment 225014 “When comfort entry/exit is Off, the driver’s, seat and steering wheel will remain in position at all times.”
Thanks for the help.. it must be something like that. It just started doing it after someone else push the button to move the seat forward. That button feels dead now, it doesn’t go in an out. I wonder if it’s stuck in that position moving forward? But definitely something electrical. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts