McLaren Life banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
OK, I give up. What is "Comfort Entry / Exit"?
If you have electric seats, the driver's seat can be configured to automatically slide all the way back when you switch the engine off and open the door. After you get back in, a tug on one of the steering-wheel stalks returns the seat to its previous position.

·
VIN:15XX
985 Posts
PM Sent. After upgrade to 13 I did not test the seat at the dealer. Thank you Park Place Dallas. Drove 250 miles home, drivers seat wont beep, passengers will. Easy entry/exit is on. I tried turning it off. Lock car. Unlock car turn back on. No fix. Park Place informs me that it is on my nickel for transport to and from them.
Not sure it's worth anyone's dime to take/collect the car 250miles for a faulty easy access function. Although perhaps they are actually obligated to do so, or at least send a tech to your house - as they seemingly caused the issue during the service/update.

Did they collect it from you FOC for the service? I know some McLaren dealers (mine) will only do that if you actually bought the car from them.

Best, F

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry for dragging up an old thread but does anyone have any info on the fix that was mentioned for the non functioning memory seats? Only affects drivers side and memory function doesn't work neither does seat heating. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone else has this issue, PM me for a solution - I was able to fix this without a trip to the dealer.
Hi I have a problem with my easy exit on drivers seat .
It goes all the way back on exit, but as soon as I get in , I close the door and the seat does not return to its original place .
Any ideas without the need to travel to the dealer ?

Thanks .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I felt it makes more sense than starting a new one. I just got my 12C transported back from service where I got the HVAC displays replaced and the windshield wiper motor replaced. I got in the car to find that comfort entry wasn't showing up, which has happened before temporarily. So I sat down and pressed my saved memory position, but nothing happened. The seat controls all worked so I could manually put my seat back in my driving position. I thought that maybe they had to reset something while it was in, so maybe my saved positions got reset. So I pressed and held "M" and then pressed a number but didn't hear the ring I was used to hearing when I did that.

So my issue is that 1) comfort entry/exit isn't working and 2) my seats won't save or recall any positions on either the driver or passenger side. However, when I press and hold my previously saved setting (saved from before it went to service) my side mirrors recalled their saved position. Before it went to service, comfort entry/exit and memory settings on both seats worked without any issues.

I know there was an old post by mattwhite suggesting a fix that didn't require a dealership visit, and I'm wondering if anybody knows what that fix was. I really do not want to have to transport it right back to the dealer after I just got it back from them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
+1 on requesting the fix be posted if possible. Mine just got into this problem after having got it back from the dealer for a steering control issue. That after the airbag recall...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I felt it makes more sense than starting a new one. I just got my 12C transported back from service where I got the HVAC displays replaced and the windshield wiper motor replaced. I got in the car to find that comfort entry wasn't showing up, which has happened before temporarily. So I sat down and pressed my saved memory position, but nothing happened. The seat controls all worked so I could manually put my seat back in my driving position. I thought that maybe they had to reset something while it was in, so maybe my saved positions got reset. So I pressed and held "M" and then pressed a number but didn't hear the ring I was used to hearing when I did that.

So my issue is that 1) comfort entry/exit isn't working and 2) my seats won't save or recall any positions on either the driver or passenger side. However, when I press and hold my previously saved setting (saved from before it went to service) my side mirrors recalled their saved position. Before it went to service, comfort entry/exit and memory settings on both seats worked without any issues.

I know there was an old post by mattwhite suggesting a fix that didn't require a dealership visit, and I'm wondering if anybody knows what that fix was. I really do not want to have to transport it right back to the dealer after I just got it back from them.

Thanks!
Hi did you get to solve this? Im in the same situation would really appreciate if you can share the solution

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi did you get to solve this? Im in the same situation would really appreciate if you can share the solution
The car just came back from its annual service so I had them address it while it was there. I think they replaced the seat control module.

·
Registered
2012 MP4-12C
705 Posts
Anyone else have the PDF? mattwhite is no longer active on the forum.
EMF Autos Subscribe to my channel, my next video will be the how-to on making seat settings work again. I've been asked about it a lot lately.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts