McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Owner
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I want to mention that I'm a new owner of a 12C and have had it for about a week now. When I first received the car I was messing with the electric seats and the drivers seat stopped working. I locked the car and let it sit for a few minutes unlocked the door and the seat started working again. However, now the comfort entry/exit does not work and neither does the memory buttons. I can not set or recall a seat and mirror memory position. The passengers side works correctly.

Any ideas?

The car was also service just before I purchased it but looks like the service reminder was never reset. Is there any way I can do it or dealer only?

Just trying to avoid a 5 hour drive to the dealer.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the same issue with my 12C. I bought the car new and it did not work from day 1. Dealer tried reprogramming the seat, did not fix the issue, dealer now has a seat control module on order.

Good luck,

MB

PS, Regardless, love the car.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I had the same issue with the service reminder. Can only be reset by dealer.

Like mentioned in other posts, 12C is the car to have ONLY if you're within distance of a dealer. As it will be there a lot. Or you learn to live with the issues.

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,257 Posts
If the seat memory is activated in the car settings, and it still does not work, you need to see the dealer.
First congrats on the new ride! Hope (after this) the rest of your experience is trouble free and super fun!

Yea, usually an overnight "rest" should reset all ills. If not, something wonky is going on.

Declan is right though, check the settings. I once accidentally hit the speed limiter and the car wouldn't go over 20mph (and was showing no error, but I thought the car was in some kind of cruel limp mode). Point is, sometimes you can accidentally flip a setting, so check those first. Otherwise, afraid it's a call to the dealer. :(

·
Owner
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the info, glad we have a helpful community.

Just to clarify, when you say "seat memory is activated in the car settings" you are referring to comfort entry on/off setting not an additional setting I'm not aware of.?

I have turned comfort entry off and back on but it didn't help. Perhaps I should turn it off and leave it overnight then turn it back on again.

On the passengers seat when you hold the memory button and seat position it beeps and stores the position, the drivers seat does not.

Is there any adverse affects to disconnecting the battery to see if that somehow magically fixes the issue?

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,257 Posts
On the passengers seat when you hold the memory button and seat position it beeps and stores the position, the drivers seat does not.

Is there any adverse affects to disconnecting the battery to see if that somehow magically fixes the issue?
That you are getting two different results from each seat suggests you need a trip to the dealer. I would try turning off comfort, turning off the car for a few hours and then re-enabling it. If the car is still off, take it to the dealer.

I suspect turning the battery off might not be a good idea. I suspect resetting the system could be a touch involved. I haven't tried it, so I'll leave it to others to comment. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
I had the same issue with the service reminder. Can only be reset by dealer.

Like mentioned in other posts, 12C is the car to have ONLY if you're within distance of a dealer. As it will be there a lot. Or you learn to live with the issues.
Disagree. I'm nearly 400 miles away from my dealer and it hasn't been a problem, in any way whatsoever. I can't speak for every dealer but mine will pick-up and return the car at no charge. Of course they haven't needed to because nothing has required service in the year since I bought it. It will eventually need an oil change and another track inspection :)

·
Registered
34 Posts

Just to clarify, when you say "seat memory is activated in the car settings" you are referring to comfort entry on/off setting not an additional setting I'm not aware of.?

I have turned comfort entry off and back on but it didn't help. Perhaps I should turn it off and leave it overnight then turn it back on again.

Were you able to fix this? Just got mine back from having the update done and now the driver's side memory settings and comfort access don't work.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had the same problem with the car delivered as new. The fix after going to the dealer and letting them play with the seat by reseting and programming was ultimately fixed by replacing the seat control module. Not sure if this is very common, but common enough in that I have read other owners having the same issue.

So my memory and comfort entry/exit works great, my issue now, which I don't know if it normal or not, but when I pull the stalk to move the seat, the fans, radio, etc also go on, sort of like the car is being put in accessory mode. No big deal, since the car is about to be started...but who knows.

Christian

·
Registered
10 Posts
First off I want to mention that I'm a new owner of a 12C and have had it for about a week now. When I first received the car I was messing with the electric seats and the drivers seat stopped working. I locked the car and let it sit for a few minutes unlocked the door and the seat started working again. However, now the comfort entry/exit does not work and neither does the memory buttons. I can not set or recall a seat and mirror memory position. The passengers side works correctly.

Any ideas?

The car was also service just before I purchased it but looks like the service reminder was never reset. Is there any way I can do it or dealer only?

Just trying to avoid a 5 hour drive to the dealer.

Exact same problem...dealer has to reset it. No other solution. I have not had the problem since they reset it.

·
Owner
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Same here, apparently the seat must be reprogrammed and it must go back to the dealer to do so. I don’t think they replaced my seat control module, just a reprogram. No problems since then.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If anyone else has this issue, PM me for a solution - I was able to fix this without a trip to the dealer.

Reactions: ima2nr

·
Sponsor
967 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
If anyone else has this issue, PM me for a solution - I was able to fix this without a trip to the dealer.
PM Sent. After upgrade to 13 I did not test the seat at the dealer. Thank you Park Place Dallas. Drove 250 miles home, drivers seat wont beep, passengers will. Easy entry/exit is on. I tried turning it off. Lock car. Unlock car turn back on. No fix. Park Place informs me that it is on my nickel for transport to and from them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don't know why we cant put the PDF on the forum.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts