McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am about to pull the trigger on a 12C and would love your opinions.

basically, my choices have been narrowed down to:

Graphite Grey, Red callipers
Carbon Black, Red callipers

i cant decide... any experiences? Is the black impossible to maintain? i feel like the black might be the classiest, but might hide the details of the lines..

what do you think?

thanks!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I find the grey car stealthy, yet cleaner and shows the lines better than the black. Of course, I have a grey one... I may be a bit biased. I'm sure the owner's of black cars feel black is better.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358828050.009579.jpg

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
If you want to truly see the lines then go for the lightest possible colour. White is my preference, although I saw a Supernova Silver with the MSO front bumper she was a beauty as well. It's all a matter of what turns your crack, if I had to choose between the two it would be the Graphite Gray. Good luck with your colour selection. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks so much for your input. i really go back and forth everyday on which car i like. i definitely like a stealth/subtle look... so both colours do that.

i was also thinking Fire Black. that is a interesting colour!

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I have Carbon Black. It can be a pain to keep clean at times, but a black McLaren is a sleek and menacing half manta ray, half ground hugging stealth fighter. It makes the guys stare in awe and the girls say to themselves who is that mysterious man... ;)
Gray is nice too.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Hey guys, i am about to pull the trigger on a 12C and would love your opinions.

basically, my choices have been narrowed down to:

Graphite Grey, Red callipers
Carbon Black, Red callipers

i cant decide... any experiences? Is the black impossible to maintain? i feel like the black might be the classiest, but might hide the details of the lines..

what do you think?

thanks!
Look, go for Grey, Black is very morbid and Brighton or is it Hove? Volcano Black only shows up in the Middle East, ie sunshine,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol - thanks. I am in canada...we do have very bright summers.

what colour gets the least attention do you think?

i did notice, bruce wayne, james bond, tony stark - all grey cars!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

Well if you live in Canada, may I suggest you go and look at the beautiful car that's currently sitting in the Pfaff showroom. The car I'm talking about is the Supernova Silver spider with the MSO front bumper, as mentioned earlier she's a beauty. Cheers....??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i am at pfaff like every week! they have a graphite one, carbon black as well as couple others. i am hoping to not to have to buy a new one if i dont have to.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
i am at pfaff like every week! they have a graphite one, carbon black as well as couple others. i am hoping to not to have to buy a new one if i dont have to.
I didn't realize that you were talking used, excuse my ignorance. You gotta admit that spider is a beauty, you may want to hold off a little. From what I've been told they are expecting a couple more cars to be returned due to end of lease terms. May I also suggest you talk with Andrew Taylor, he is the best when it comes to satisfying customers and their needs. If you would like PM me and I will provide you with his coordinates. Cheers....??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i actually want a coupe... i have a 911 targa 4s that will satisfy my need for something with an open top.

you can lease a car for 1 year?

·
Registered
862 Posts

I tell folks that I chose Graphite as it would attract least attention .... The standard response is along the lines of "if you don't want attention then you should not have bought a McLaren" .... And they are right.

I've spent a lot of time in the dealers Volcano Orange and McLaren Orange cars and the attention I get in these is no different to my own car.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
As mentioned this is the car that I would choose if I didn't like my white car so much. Of course I would take it in a coupe and not the spider as shown, but the front bumper looks great. Well done MSO. Cheers....?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359052989.731261.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359053027.848698.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359053061.969659.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359053086.526855.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359053118.539336.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359053142.084250.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359053169.823880.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359053199.220035.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359053228.171174.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359053245.471801.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359053276.898143.jpg

Something off topic, the model version of the Huayra.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359053403.740156.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359053440.170905.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359053487.481834.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts