McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 McLaren 570s Spyder
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have issues with the following? (2020 McLaren 570s Spyder)

1) Very loud "whine" in the cockpit related to power steering pump/hydraulic fluid pressure?
2) "Clunking" noise (to the left and behind the driver seat - US car), over rough road or under heavy acceleration?
3) Metal:Metal vibration noise in the roof and/or where the glass seats at front and rear of roof? (Spyder model)

I had a 2017 model with none of these issues, and just traded in for a 2020. 1600 miles of this nonsense, and the dealership tells me they can't fix the power steering whine. They have also told me they fixed the roof noise, yet it hasn't diminished at all.

Anyone?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone have issues with the following? (2020 McLaren 570s Spyder)

1) Very loud "whine" in the cockpit related to power steering pump/hydraulic fluid pressure?
2) "Clunking" noise (to the left and behind the driver seat - US car), over rough road or under heavy acceleration?
3) Metal:Metal vibration noise in the roof and/or where the glass seats at front and rear of roof? (Spyder model)

I had a 2017 model with none of these issues, and just traded in for a 2020. 1600 miles of this nonsense, and the dealership tells me they can't fix the power steering whine. They have also told me they fixed the roof noise, yet it hasn't diminished at all.

Anyone?
I have issues #2 and #3. In reading the forums issue #2 is known and can be remedied by the dealership. #3 has been ongoing and I will bring this up to my dealer during my 2nd year service to see what they can do.

·
Registered
49 Posts
my 2020 Lt600 Spider has all sorts of cabin noises at certain rpms
and road conditions , I just chalk it up as a mclaren thing because it seems many from all model ranges seem too be complaining about this. lol having owned a few ferraris over the years, i got use too overseeing nuences. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts