McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Andy, the dealership is still investigating the issues with clutch overheating and sudden battery drain. Now in week 5 without the car :mad:
There comes a point where they swop the car for a new one. They have done that in the past when a dog has been acknowledged.........it should be a pedigree not a mongrel.......it's a Mclaren. :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Andy, the dealership is still investigating the issues with clutch overheating and sudden battery drain. Now in week 5 without the car :mad:
That really doesn't sound good enough, especially as you have a special driving holiday coming up. I hope it's resolved very soon. Or they provide you with a replacement. You must be a patient man, I'd be camping on their doorstep by now!
Good luck.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
am sure you've done it martin, but make sure they're aware you need it back for two weeks... all hell would break loose I think otherwise

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all your kind words. And no, I'm not a patient man at all and it drives me mad to miss all the events and the sunsine we finally got.

Just to clarify and to be fair to the dealer, it's been five weeks since the problems have popped up, then it took 2 weeks to get an appointment and now the car is at the dealer in week 3.

But let's get back to topic, don't want to ruin Gary's thread :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Administrator
2,737 Posts
Thank you for all your kind words. And no, I'm not a patient man at all and it drives me mad to miss all the events and the sunsine we finally got.

Just to clarify and to be fair to the dealer, it's been five weeks since the problems have popped up, then it took 2 weeks to get an appointment and now the car is at the dealer in week 3.

But let's get back to topic, don't want to ruin Gary's thread :)
Any joy yet?

·
Registered
551 Posts
5weeks?? It takes a lot less time to build a new one? Are they experimenting on the car or what

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Finally I'll get the car back tomorrow. Quite a lot of work has been done. The upcoming 1500 miles roadtrip down to the Côte and two days at the Ring in early july will prove if they were really able to sort out the issues. I keep you posted.
Did they say what sort of work? Martin :)

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Great news mcdc. Glad you got the car back in time., fingers crossed its sorted .. looking forward to the road trip report!

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Finally I'll get the car back tomorrow. Quite a lot of work has been done. The upcoming 1500 miles roadtrip down to the Côte and two days at the Ring in early july will prove if they were really able to sort out the issues. I keep you posted.
At last! good to hear Martin.. hope the car is finally sorted this time and you get a good run on the RN+Ring..

1 - 20 of 71 Posts