McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. I have been following the forum for some time and am now seriously moving from my F430 to a 570S. Almost purchased the 12C a few years back but wasn't 100% sold on the looks but the 570 is really appealing to me. I've been discussing several candidates with dealers. Wanted any input about mileage...one has about 5K miles, another 8K, and the one I really like has 16K. I know this sounds silly as even the highest mileage isn't really that high but any opinion on the higher mileage being less attractive than the lower?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
89 Posts
With the earlier models, ones with a medium amount of miles are normally favored as they’ve probably had most their quirks worked out.

The 570s already addressed most of that and like most McLarens, the pricing will vary heavily on options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The higher mileage one is 2017 while the other two include a 2017 and 2016. The higher mileage actually has a better list of options than either of the others.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hello to all. I have been following the forum for some time and am now seriously moving from my F430 to a 570S. Almost purchased the 12C a few years back but wasn't 100% sold on the looks but the 570 is really appealing to me. I've been discussing several candidates with dealers. Wanted any input about mileage...one has about 5K miles, another 8K, and the one I really like has 16K. I know this sounds silly as even the highest mileage isn't really that high but any opinion on the higher mileage being less attractive than the lower?
I'm not familiar with the common issues on the 570. Reading the service history is important, as I found that many "low mileage" cars hadn't been serviced on-schedule. It will also show any warranty work.

Personally, I'd go for the car that you prefer. However, you do need to form an opinion on how much "high" (it's all relative) mileage reduces the price, or you risk over-paying. Again, I don't know that for the 570. I suspect that you'd enjoy any of them :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would say you should be patient in your quest for the right car. I wouldn't even look at a 16k car irrespective of options. We are coming into winter when these cars languish in dealer inventory and they are much more likely to deal. Part of the enjoyment is the hunt for the right car. Your car is out there...you just haven't found it yet. Good luck in your search.

·
Owner
627 Posts
You won't regret switching. After 30+ years of Ferraris. I bought a 570 and got rid of the horses. The more they are driven, the better they seem to work. Mine is not a garage queen and has been bullet proof.

A bonus is that everyone (and I do mean everyone) you encounter will give you a smile, thumbs up or want to take a picture. My Ferraris could either get a thumbs up or a middle finger. This is a totally different experience. Just do your due diligence and pull the trigger...... you won't look back.

Reactions: p2164

·
2019 Paris Blue 720S
2019 720S
811 Posts

Thanks in advance!
I also moved from an F430 to a 570S and never looked back. The Mac is a better car in every way. I bought an early 2016 four years ago, it's been super reliable, and the performance is so much better than the F430 it's another world entirely. I wouldn't be afraid of miles, get the car that appeals most to you, and have fun, you are going to love it!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have 15k on my 570, mostly hard canyon miles. The more the 570 is driven, the more reliable they seem to be. There are a number of owners on here that have 50k+ miles with only minor annoyances along the way. My opinion is that by purchasing a "high" miles 570, you let the previous owner/s deal with sorting out the bugs.

I created this mega thread of reliability if you're interested in just about anything that you may encounter with the 570...but most likely won't.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to everyone for their input. The higher mileage one has the color and all the right options I prefer...just didn't know if I should care about the miles or not. I think I'll definitely enjoy it better than my 430 though I've enjoyed that too. Thanks again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Don't worry about the mileage, just use it for negotiating the price.What's important is the condition of the car and its service history.

Remember too that because the speedometer reads high, so does the mileage, meaning that extra 8K is really only about 7500.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts