McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
If you think that is good Doug,i cant imagine what you would think of the Can-am version with more aero and 150bhp extra,we do have a member who is getting one in your neck of the woods ,so you never know !!

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Would it be crazy to want one as a daily drive?
Nope, as long as you drove it daily on the track!
I do wonder whether the gt sprint with the big aero kit is not a better bet though as you get the pcc suspension ... And of course over 600 Bhp.. Although hopefully the limiter on the gt3 easy to remove.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Nope, as long as you drove it daily on the track!
I do wonder whether the gt sprint with the big aero kit is not a better bet though as you get the pcc suspension ... And of course over 600 Bhp.. Although hopefully the limiter on the gt3 easy to remove.
I need to ask CG on Friday what the real difference in pace between the two is ??

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
If you think that is good Doug,i cant imagine what you would think of the Can-am version with more aero and 150bhp extra,we do have a member who is getting one in your neck of the woods ,so you never know !!
Andy - Canam GT3 Sprint

Personally 500 hp is the sweet spot - the 360 Challenge car at 450 hp things happen fast enough and at 650hp it's asking for trouble - diluting the fun.

Considering a second Ferrari challenge car and adding my son to CCR next year - which now consists of 60 drivers and 6 weekends of racing.

If only Mclaren would offer a racing series or some independent begin the undertaking.

A new 458C can be bought for 230k. The parts are painfully expensive from Ferrari so it would be interesting to see what the full story on Mclaren is regarding race support and parts cost to actually compete. The car is the cheapest cog.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Andy - Canam GT3 Sprint

Personally 500 hp is the sweet spot - the 360 Challenge car at 450 hp things happen fast enough and at 650hp it's asking for trouble - diluting the fun.

Considering a second Ferrari challenge car and adding my son to CCR next year - which now consists of 60 drivers and 6 weekends of racing.

If only Mclaren would offer a racing series or some independent begin the undertaking.

A new 458C can be bought for 230k. The parts are painfully expensive from Ferrari so it would be interesting to see what the full story on Mclaren is regarding race support and parts cost to actually compete. The car is the cheapest cog.
They will in time Doug,mclarenGT are still finding their feet and IMO have done a great job in Europe this year,as they only started in April,and there really are not enough cars/owners yet to really make it viable .

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
They will in time Doug,mclarenGT are still finding their feet and IMO have done a great job in Europe this year,as they only started in April,and there really are not enough cars/owners yet to really make it viable .
Mclaren has to commence a racing series - the abuse these cars take is high and the factories make a mint on replacement parts.

They would immediately receive orders well beyond their imagination which is why I think they dumbed it down and lowered the hp hopefully it's in the 250 - 275k price range and the published price is just wrong as it resembles the original Can am price.

I think with this one the GT3 is a good base car to move forward.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
So this model gets a slippy diff. Grrr.
Its a racing series. They have to make all the brands equally competitive. They all have a normal Macpherson strut suspenion, Limited Diff, similar HP. The HP is limited by the 911 which maxes out at ~ 500 HP N.A. for the old GT1 block. If they raced a stock but caged/aero 12C Vs. F458 Vs a 911 Vs. a Gallardo the 12C would be lapping most of the other cars!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts