McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder whether anyone else has looked closely at Chris Harris' video "Living with the McLaren MP4-12C". I have downloaded it, and am looking at yet again, whilst waiting for my car to arrive, 104 days to go this am., and counting.... (I wish I hadn't worked that out). The car is a prototype I think, the reg no is RX60 HGG. At 2.08 mins into the video, the instruments are plainly in view. The temperature outside the vehicle was 6 degrees, but Harris likes the tropics, so the interior was set at no less than 25 degrees. Now spot the shock reading - whilst the trip meter registers 939.9 miles, the overall mileage of the car on the odometer is no less than 153,725 miles. Well at that rate, I shall not worry about running up a few miles on mine when I eventually get it!
Mark

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I wonder whether anyone else has looked closely at Chris Harris' video "Living with the McLaren MP4-12C". I have downloaded it, and am looking at yet again, whilst waiting for my car to arrive, 104 days to go this am., and counting.... (I wish I hadn't worked that out). The car is a prototype I think, the reg no is RX60 HGG. At 2.08 mins into the video, the instruments are plainly in view. The temperature outside the vehicle was 6 degrees, but Harris likes the tropics, so the interior was set at no less than 25 degrees. Now spot the shock reading - whilst the trip meter registers 939.9 miles, the overall mileage of the car on the odometer is no less than 153,725 miles. Well at that rate, I shall not worry about running up a few miles on mine when I eventually get it!
Mark
I noticed that but think there might be a decimal point in there! Still I hope the cars are good for it.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Yes, definitely a decimal tucked in there:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the correction. Perhaps you can clarify another similar observation for me. In the Top Gear video in Italy with the 12c, Aventador and Noble, at 27 minutes, James is following Jeremy into a tunnel to "make noise". As he approaches the tunnel, James speeds up slightly, whilst the revs are approx 1500, (ie. not more than tick-over) the car being right hand drive, the speed is showing as rising to 114. Is this miles per hour, or has the instrumentation been changed to KPH? I have to assume it is switchable, but either way, it seems he is in "normal" mode, and the car has put itself into 7th to save fuel. Pretty impressive!

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
That's an easy one - Captain Slow's car is sure to be displaying the proper figure for the country he is traveling in. I bet the highlight of his Chunnel crossing is switching them over at just that proper second where the unit of measure changes on the road. :D

>8^)
ER

1 - 5 of 5 Posts