Votes: 32 86.5%
  • Ferrari F430 Scuderia

Votes: 5 13.5%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i am buying my first super car soon and i need your opinion to help me decide. I am considering to buy a orange 2012 Mclaren MP4-12C with 4k miles on it. My other choice would be an 2009 F430 Scuderia with 7k miles on it. It has the rosso scuderia color. The car is really well maintained and it comes with a Novitec Rosso exhaust. Both are great cars but they are great in different way.

The Mclaren is just different, it is more quiet but faster than the scuderia. After watching all the car reviews about mclaren, i noticed that not many people love that car. I don't understand why they don't like it. I drove the mclaren once and it was really easy to drive. The car is really comfortable. But i feel that this car is not loud enough. Not as appealing as the Ferrari. However, i do love about the way how the doors open. It caught so much attention. It is still comparable to the lamborghini aventador and the ferrari f458 italia.

Well the Scuderia, it's a ferrari, so we all know how it feels like. The noise from the exhaust is just loud and sexy. I love how the car handles in the corner. But now that the f458 is out, i'm afraid that the scuderia will be seen as an old car. Anyway, the depreciation is way more acceptable than the mclaren.

So people, i really need your feedback soon before purchasing it. It's my first super car, so it's a big deal for me. If you were me, which one would you choose?

Thank you

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Indo,you are reading the wrong reviews!!
Mclaren made a big mistake by giving the mags a pre-production car and then had issues with the first 100 cars that have since been sorted,all is well now and any review you get will state its better in every way to any FCAR or Lambo in performance and build quality apart from maybe sound and percieved passion!!!,just read the reviews of the guys who own both the Mac and any italians, they are the best to give you advise.As you are starting from a clean sheet and have no loyalties then the Mac is for you and you can at least say you do not need to comform to the obvious and are in this brand from the start.Good luck on your decision :)
Plus i assume you are getting a pre-owned Mac were the depreciation has already happened,because of the low-volume ,cf tub and good reviews of late i dont see them falling any further in the near and long term future

·
Registered
964 Posts
I actually purchased a Mclaren because it was quieter than the Ferrari :rolleyes:

I wanted a drivers car that didn't need to shout about it... the12C makes more than enough noise and people do hear it coming quite easily.
Part of the appeal was the ability to make progress without too much attention.. maybe if I'd of bought a black one that would have helped :eek:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I
Plus i assume you are getting a pre-owned Mac were the depreciation has already happened,because of the low-volume ,cf tub and good reviews of late i dont see them falling any further in the near and long term future

Andy, is that a promise?:eek::D

·
Registered
289 Posts
The MP4-12C should be compared to the 458 Italia;)... not the 430 Scuderia.:rolleyes:

Different 'generation', gearbox, etc....:eek:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
12C is the quickest car in it's segment PERIOD (watch the posted drag races). It is loud in it's own right. Ferrari is Ferrari, enough said. If the SCUD was in white there would be no question ;0)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
To each his own, what ever turns your crank, etc..... everyone has a different opinion which may or may not be
influence by their bias. It was a easy decision for me after test driving several exotic cars, which was made even easier after driving the Mac. Then fact that I love the way the car looks, sounds and performs and on top of which its still somewhat scarce. That deserves a two thumbs up ??. So that said, its important to go with whats going to really make you happy in the end and from the sounds of it, I would say the Scuderia. Cheers.....??

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Glad you posted over here as well.

Cheetah vs Stallion.

IMO the Scud is Ferrari's best eight cylinder example in their line up past and present.

The Mac is the best of all worlds in one package - that's incredibly impressive.

If having the latest and greatest new toy that's under warranty is your thing - go with the Mac,

FWIW - I added a Capristo to my 16M and will do the same to the Mac but the Mac will never sound like the Ferrari and the Ferrari will never run like the Mac :)

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
Why acquire a 4th gen fighter when you can get a 5th gen fighter... :confused:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Both are fantastic. Really cant go wrong with either. Do you prefer analog or digital? I have both and they both excite me, but in different ways. For me the McLaren sees 3-4x the mileage of the Scuderia. That tells you something about which is better to drive regularly. It's true that the McLaren is faster but nobody is going to be able to extract this performance difference on the street and keep their drivers license long. And even on the track, in my hands, very, very close. It really takes a drag race to separate them. You said first Supercar... so I think you should go with the Scuderia. You really need to have that experience first to appreciate the subtle beauty, elegance, and genius of the McLaren.

·
Registered
367 Posts
When I test drove the Scud I just didn't notice enough advantage over cars I already had ( P and L ). There was at the time no way I would pay over 200k for a used and abused car sans warranty and sporting old technology.
Scuds must be much cheaper now. And among the prettiest ever.

Cost matters, as much as your dilemma of choice, because while this may be your first super car, it won't be your last.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts