McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the multitude of vehicle dynamic configurations for Handling/Performance/Aero/Auto/Manual which do you chose and when? While some settings are obvious for particular scenarios, like Track days, I'm curious if there are any configurations you gravitate to in other scenarios and why. Like city driving, highway cruising, back road spirited drives, wife in the car, stopped at a light with a Prius next to you. Or is your choice dictated on how you feel at that particular moment and how much adrenaline you want to generate?:D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
In Houston and on trips, I always drive in normal handling, with sport powertrain, always with manual engaged 'cos I like playing with the rockers. On the track, if its a bumpy track I leave the handling in sport but track for powertrain. In full T/T I've found that the turn-in sharpens up and the ride is still about the same as my FGT, so track handling isn't that stiff, but remember that the vehicle dynamics systems back-off in track handling mode, so I'd recommend sport until you're more comfortable throwing the car around.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Everyday driving for me is sport/track manual,but for a bit of fun i take out the manual and have track auto then floor the throttle,works wonders on tailgaters!!! Aparently the only car faster in that configuration is a Veyron:eek:

·
Registered
551 Posts
For the me all depends on the mood I am. Most of the time I drive in Sport/Sport Auto and still can play with the gears but keeping it in auto and floor it is amazing and fun. This evening some traffic jams on the highway due to a guy with a flat tire .. Once passed, no traffic in front -floor it and shoots off like a rocket. Before you now it you do 230kmh.= plain fun

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Given the multitude of vehicle dynamic configurations for Handling/Performance/Aero/Auto/Manual which do you chose and when? While some settings are obvious for particular scenarios, like Track days, I'm curious if there are any configurations you gravitate to in other scenarios and why. Like city driving, highway cruising, back road spirited drives, wife in the car, stopped at a light with a Prius next to you. Or is your choice dictated on how you feel at that particular moment and how much adrenaline you want to generate?:D
My power setting is always on Track, only thing I change is suspension settings depending on the road conditions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Okay, I'll admit that I drive in Normal suspension, Sport Powertrain, Auto mode. A big part of my daily commute is highway, so the auto is effective. But, what comes very naturally is using the paddles at whatever moment I want a shift. The, if you do that, and don't use the paddles again, it shifts back to auto in 8 seconds. AS

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
The great versatility of the transmission and suspension makes all settings valid dependent upon driver mood, driving style and size of ego. Truly adaptable.

·
Owner
893 Posts
Power: Track, Handling: Sport (I don't want to shut off all the traction safety features).
Manual Shifting (I need something to do; Heretofore, all my performance cars had manual transmissions.);)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Normal most of the time and track when I want to have fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts