McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove my 2018 Spider (4200 miles) a few days ago and all was normal. Today the check engine light came on going to a restaurant. I had hoped it would extinguish itself while dining but that wasn't the case. Everything seems normal and it runs fine. It's under warranty but thought others may have some ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Drove my 2018 Spider (4200 miles) a few days ago and all was normal. Today the check engine light came on going to a restaurant. I had hoped it would extinguish itself while dining but that wasn't the case. Everything seems normal and it runs fine. It's under warranty but thought others may have some ideas. Thanks.
Any news?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought perhaps after being on the charger overnight the condition might change, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Started this morning and the light is still on so it appears I'll have to take it in to the dealer. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I thought perhaps after being on the charger overnight the condition might change, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Started this morning and the light is still on so it appears I'll have to take it in to the dealer. Thanks everyone.
May be a fluid issue. Happened last week to my friends 720 it was low on oil. Even though no low oil indicator came on. Good luck keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Could be literally anything. I had a CEL on my 2019 570S, took it to the dealer, turned out to be faulty thermostats.

·
2019 Paris Blue 720S
2019 720S
805 Posts
Even though no low oil indicator came on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not aware of a "low oil indicator" on the 570S...or any McLaren for that matter, at least in the sense of a warning light. Have I missed something? Wouldn't be the first time...:)

·
Owner
625 Posts
What part of the world are you in? I have access to a Mac diagnostic system. I would be happy to read it and help you figure it out.

Reactions: swift93

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What part of the world are you in? I have access to a Mac diagnostic system. I would be happy to read it and help you figure it out.
I'm on the west coast of Florida and appreciate the offer, but I spoke to the service advisor yesterday and expect to take the car in Monday for their diagnosis. The car is running fine and had it had the 2nd annual inspection only a few months ago. Hope it's something simple that doesn't require much to remedy. Thanks again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got the car scheduled for service at the Tampa dealer, but don't have a definitive answer. The service manager said the CEL code was for a bad O2 sensor, yet the sensor was fine. They are continuing their investigation to determine exactly what is going on. When they determine the real issue I'll update for everyone. If anyone has experienced a similar issue, please advised. Thanks, Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts