McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Owner
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday, after a nice drive (hot ambient temp), I parked the car and it (obviously) cooled down for several hours: I start her up again and after a minute ..... I take off really hard down the road in first gear and then just backed off the accelerator ..... and after a few seconds more down the road, the "check engine light" starts blinking. The blinking stopped after two minutes or so ..... and, that was all. I felt nothing weird in the way the car was operating.
Any ideas? Maybe I overwhelmed the sensors with the full bore high rpm blast on a relatively cool engine ??
It just blinked for a short while and then disappeared.:confused:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't the traction control?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Shame on you,with your wealth of experience ??!!! She must be telling you to cool it,remember she wont let you rev her at standstill till you've turned on the heat a little,then you know shes a goer !!!
Like you its the only answer I can come up with!

·
Owner
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure it wasn't the traction control?
Nope ..... It was the little yellow engine block symbol, that was rhythmically flashing. My guess: My stupidity threw the ECU module for a loop because the car was not warmed up yet, when I nailed the accelerator and it possibly caused a weird air/fuel anomaly, when I quickly lifted off the loud pedal. (All I experienced was a few minutes of the flashing telltale, then it extinguished; the lamp never went on steady).
I started the car today ..... and, everything was normal; no messages in the 'Error Message" screen, either.
BTW ..... Once on my LP560, I tried the same stunt but the car's computer would not allow the rpm's to go above a certain level. I surmise the 12C's answer to this was to throw up the 'check engine' light.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The aventador doesn't let me either .... But not sure if the mac allows it or not. I do remark that the engine quickly gets on temp. Just a few roads further and all ok. Just for safety I drive a few miles (allways) to warm them up properly. One does need to respect mechanics!!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Patience young Jedi, let her warm up, then let her rip !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts