McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy got me motivated, my 12C now has 617 U.S. bhp. Ask me how I did it, I lost 8 lbs.! :D

Unfortunately Las Vegas next week will probably take it all away, but hey, I am trying. 185, goal 180.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I use that same line on the guys that I cycle with, and in so doing you save a substantial amount of money on groceries. As for the colonic thing can you actually lose that much weigh 8lbs, that's a lot of s..t holy cow batman I didn't realize that we were that stuffed. Lol.....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use that same line on the guys that I cycle with, and in so doing you save a substantial amount of money on groceries. As for the colonic thing can you actually lose that much weigh 8lbs, that's a lot of s..t holy cow batman I didn't realize that we were that stuffed. Lol.....
Yeah but that's a fake way of losing weight, kind of like only filling your gas talk 1/2 full.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yeah but that's a fake way of losing weight, kind of like only filling your gas talk 1/2 full.
Well what ever turns your crank, I do not believe in short cuts, but at least your optimistic with your remark. Not sure if you realized but I didn't do the cheers beer thing for your effort, I didn't want to stir anything up, like a urge. hehehe

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well what ever turns your crank, I do not believe in short cuts, but at least your optimistic with your remark. Not sure if you realized but I didn't do the cheers beer thing for your effort, I didn't want to stir anything up, like a urge. hehehe
Thanks for the help / motivation! Only drink Corona Light or Coors light anyway, problem is I drink too many of them! :mad:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I dropped 40lbs over six month because of an amazing discovery: don't eat like a pig and guess what? Your weight goes down! I now find it easy to keep at my target weight by simply not eating a lot of trash, no diets or special foods, just less.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dropped 40lbs over six month because of an amazing discovery: don't eat like a pig and guess what? Your weight goes down! I now find it easy to keep at my target weight by simply not eating a lot of trash, no diets or special foods, just less.
Congrats! That is pretty big accomplishment. You got me beat. You gained 8 bhp.

·
Owner
893 Posts
Good for you, Texas; you must have a lot of fortitude.:)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
So texas mongrel have you notice a big difference in how your car performs now that your 40lbs lighter. According Markjayw you should have gained a extra 8bhp, thats incredible. The most I've ever lost was 37lbs it was great for cycling but Christ my whole face caved in, everyone that knew thought I was dying. I don't want to tell you what happened next, due to the negative impact it may have on anyone reading. Well hoping that your looking better than I did, if so keep up the good work. Yeeeeee haaaaas ??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fatty foods dont make you fat really, but stay away from simple carbs and sugars when possible.

Congrats on the purchase. Its about time you got one.
Thanks, hurry up and design a cool sounding exhaust!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I should have included the following link, which is basically that good fats, proteins and minimal levels of carbs. It's the complete opposite approach to eating that we have been brought up on. You take the food pyramid and turn it upside down. I wanted to try it, but boy it's hard to change the way we eat, hopefully I will succeed. Oh well there goes the beer I love some much, or maybe not.

http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup 3 Coors Lite's tonight, but fat free pasta. My 12C is going to be a Rocket!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Screw the food, do some actual exercise every day and you'll trim down. Most diets forget to include that you need to get off your backside and do some exercise....no wonder so many people wonder why dieting doesn't work for them.....

Not aimed at anyone in particular.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks, hurry up and design a cool sounding exhaust!
Already have it covered.

Screw the food, do some actual exercise every day and you'll trim down. Most diets forget to include that you need to get off your backside and do some exercise....no wonder so many people wonder why dieting doesn't work for them.....

It helps, eating correctly is the foundation of healthy weight.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

You can aim it at me. Used to be a hard core gym freak. After 40 not fun anymore. I feel clicking paddles is plenty! ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts