7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HRE P201-Mclaren 720s Fitment

20x8.5
21x12

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

245/30/20
325/25/21

Retail $12,500. Price picked up in Los Angeles $5,750... Tires have about 4000 miles on them including multiple canyon runs and a track day. Please don't low ball and don't waste my time. Thank you!

2/29/20 Edit: NO SHIPPING, IN-PERSON PICK-UP IN LOS ANGELES ONLY.

Serious inquiries only, thank you.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Just made an offer to buy these wheels. We agreed on a price and when I insisted on using PayPal for buyer protection and even agreed to pay for fees he turned me down. I told him that I’m just trying to protect myself since he’s a forum member where the only two posts he has are for this listing. He literally told me “Dude, take a hike, my wheels, my rules...”. Here’s the best part he finished up by saying “I'm not the one scrubbing for used wheels on the forums, smh”. So for all of you 720s owners who might consider these wheels, just know the guy thinks we are “scrubbing for used wheels” but wants you to trust him and wire him funds. Classy. Wonder if he doubled as a Nigerian prince too. Obviously I’m going to pass. Just a public service notice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just made an offer to buy these wheels. We agreed on a price and when I insisted on using PayPal for buyer protection and even agreed to pay for fees he turned me down. I told him that I’m just trying to protect myself since he’s a forum member where the only two posts he has are for this listing. He literally told me “Dude, take a hike, my wheels, my rules...”. Here’s the best part he finished up by saying “I'm not the one scrubbing for used wheels on the forums, smh”. So for all of you 720s owners who might consider these wheels, just know the guy thinks we are “scrubbing for used wheels” but wants you to trust him and wire him funds. Classy. Wonder if he doubled as a Nigerian prince too. Obviously I’m going to pass. Just a public service notice.
You're obviously not the brightest bulb in the room. It is stated in the post that PayPal isn't accepted and local pick-ups work better. Don't waste my time with your low ball offers + back and forth about PayPal when you can't read. If you accuse me of being a nigerian price, I can also accuse you of wanting to do chargeback fraud. How about that?

For those who are serious, I replaced the wheels with P104SC so that I can use R888R instead. The P201s look better but the P104SC can fit meatier tires. Feel free to DM for invoice etc.

P201 20/21 (For sale)

P104SC (19/20) - Not for sale just for comparison.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Nice edit. Now PayPal isn’t accepted. Too bad I didn’t screenshot the original post. Personally I’d rather stick nails in my eyes than to buy from an arrogant mouth breather. But that’s just me. GLWTS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice edit. Now PayPal isn’t accepted. Too bad I didn’t screenshot the original post. Personally I’d rather stick nails in my eyes than to buy from an arrogant mouth breather. But that’s just me. GLWTS
The edit was from the price went down from $6,000 to $5,750. See Google Cache. Go ahead, stick your nails in your eyes, you're already blind and can't read. Wouldn't be a big loss.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Guys like you, you know the type that has the market cornered on skinny jeans and flat brimmed hats are the reason our cars are often associated with douchebags. Never met one that doubled as a Nigerian prince though. Why buy from anyone else when they could Make a deal with the ayatollah of narcissism? Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why are the P201's not able to take the same tires as the other wheels? Different sizes?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why are the P201's not able to take the same tires as the other wheels? Different sizes?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
Yes, different sizes. The new wheels are 20/19, and the ones for sale are 21/19. My car is pushing 920whp, I need R888R for traction and i couldn't get them for the old wheels, unfortunately. I should've went with the 20/19 setup to begin with, but I liked the P201 more and thought I could make it work with the Michelin 4S.. but didn't quite work out lol.

·
Premium Member
2012, McLaren MP4-12C
560 Posts
Guys like you, you know the type that has the market cornered on skinny jeans and flat brimmed hats are the reason our cars are often associated with douchebags. Never met one that doubled as a Nigerian prince though. Why buy from anyone else when they could Make a deal with the ayatollah of narcissism? Good luck with the sale.

Check out the OP's Avitar picture and it all becomes clearer... @Rawr looks very young and possibly "too" full of himself. For perspective I will share openly that I was once very young and making unbelievable money... YES! I thought I was bullet proof! "Above all and condescending"... maybe? WELL... HA! HA! God has ways to always humble you when you think you are untouchable... TRUST ME! Time is a fantastic teacher... Just wait. It was 2008 that opened my eyes and taught me ways to loose money I never dreamed possible...

Anyway... Just my opinion, which really means nothing at the end of the day.

Regarding the original intention of this thread... Wheels for sale - seeking a buyer...

The best thing about living in a free society is we all can choose who we want to be, how we want to act to others, and whether or not we want to "vote" for that person (or company they represent) with our dollars when we buy or sell something.

Looks like the original OP only came here to McLaren Life to unload his poorly decisioned set of very expensive wheels that are no longer useful to him now that he has more HP that the original tire/wheel comb could effectively put to the ground.

I would only suggest to the original OP to realize the other 99% of the population is keenly aware of online scams and rip-offs rampant on the internet. (Regardless if we have super deep pockets or not does not matter). Taking that into context the seller should be more aware just how suspicious his "bank wire only" offer looks to his potential buyer for those wheels. I personally though it looked like a scam as well. First Post ever, selling a super sweet set of wheels for a 720S dirt cheap and refusing to accept secure funds from the buyer? I'm surprised he didn't offer to accept BitCoin as well. Put yourself in the buyers shoes and think how that looks from the other perspective.

@SmokinV10 - Thanks for sharing your warning to the other forum members... I personally appreciate it when we are all acting as a like-minded community looking out for each others best interest to not get scammed... even if this turned out to be a legitimate offer.

@Rawr - GLWTS.

@Rawr - And also, welcome to McLaren Life! My experience over the past 4 years has been that this is a pretty close knit community of owners and enthusiast that come together and have very thoughtful discussions about the cars we love (or hate) depending on the situation. There is a lot of good people here sharing priceless information, sometimes when the dealer refuses or just cannot help.

So, How about sharing some other cool details about your aftermarket upgrades on the 720S (in a new thread of course). I'm not currently playing with "720 Money" but I'd love to know more about the experience it must give you.

-Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump, received a few inquiries about shipping out of state but I would rather not. Local pick up only please, thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More eye-candy! Just don't be an idiot like SmokinV10 and they are yours! :p

Located in Los Angeles, pick-up only please. Thank you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts