McLaren Life banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The CEL light (lower bottom right) just came on today but no messages. I turned it off, left it sat for 15 min, turned it on again and the light was still on. And I have done zero mod (washed it by hand yesterday). 19 days to go for my second service. Should I worry?

FD00F1FA-0AED-4687-94F3-B3BCA0C7C3BD.jpeg

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems to be ok. Have not pushed it hard. Anything to do with the gas I used? For the first time, I went to Arco on Friday for a full tank (91 Octane).

·
Registered
114 Posts
This happened to us not long ago, but I think it went away on it's own after 24 hours on the charger? It was sitting in a rain storm while we were at church, could be the change in temp irritating sensors in the catalytic converters? At the same time the car was leaking a little oil, resulting in the replacement of an Oil Cooler Adapter. So it could've been any of these two issues. That was the only time the CEL came on. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about and your dealer could handle it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know. I will let it sit for the day and see if it will go away tomorrow.

Battery is at 100%. Checked everywhere for leakage. Nothing so far.

I just drove it in track mode and pushed it to 80-90 mph. Didn’t notice anything abnormal. Hopefully, it will go away tomorrow.

·
Registered
838 Posts
konnwei kw902 wifi on ebay or pretty much anywhere else and dashcommand app for apple or torq.... something for android.

The obd2 MIL is universal across all brands. autozone can pull the codes for free. whatever turns this light on is not exclusive mclaren coding.

·
World’s fastest and quickest McLarens
194 Posts
I had a Cobb one for the 911 turbo. For 720s, any recommendation? Where can I get it?
Let us know what the code is and we can give a more specific description, even if it McLaren specific. Our software can read and clear faults like an Accessport if your vehicle has our calibration. Similar to an accessport for Porsche, but just PC based. Most of us at M-Engineering are ex-COBB engineers and calibrators who worked predominantly on the Porsche & Ford platforms.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The light went off for two weeks. It came on for a few minutes yesterday again. :unsure:

·
Owner
624 Posts
Did you ever get an OBD reader? I'm not sure where you live, but I have access to a Mac diagnostic system and would be happy to help you figure this out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the offer. I am in San Gabriel Valley. I am taking my car in to Ogara Monday for my second service. Let’s see what they find out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After my service 2 weeks ago, the CEL came on again today. Time to get a code reader. Where do I plug it in? Is it inside the panel with 2 screws under the steering column?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Did you tell Ogara about your Cel?
I wonder if they checked for past codes to diagnose
Probably software update needed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts