McLaren Life banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used their MP4's carbon ceramics during a heavy track session? I just recently had a bad experience with the CCB's on my Turbo S while at the track. As far as I know Porsche sets up the ccb's on their street cars with regular pads like pagid yellows that you would use on steel brakes. These pads with the carbon rotors are a bad combination when under heavy track stress. Is the MP4 set up the same way? Do you guys with ceramics on your MP4s switch to a different set up for the track? I'm generally curious and I'm also seriously considering an MP4 so I've been lurking around quite a bit. (the MSO thread being my favorite haha)

·
Owner
277 Posts
Has anyone used their MP4's carbon ceramics during a heavy track session? I just recently had a bad experience with the CCB's on my Turbo S while at the track. As far as I know Porsche sets up the ccb's on their street cars with regular pads like pagid yellows that you would use on steel brakes. These pads with the carbon rotors are a bad combination when under heavy track stress. Is the MP4 set up the same way? Do you guys with ceramics on your MP4s switch to a different set up for the track? I'm generally curious and I'm also seriously considering an MP4 so I've been lurking around quite a bit. (the MSO thread being my favorite haha)
I never heard of anything like that CCBs use special pads that go with the CCB rotors. Something is wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts