McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached picture taken of an installed 'Cat system' on one side of the M838T engine mounted on a 12C rolling chassis from the showroom.

There are a total of 4 Catalytic converters (cats) in the car, i.e 2 primary and 2 secondary cats.

We can see one Primary and one Secondary Cat are being designed mounted as a single unit between the turbocharger and the Exhaust system.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Attached picture taken of an installed 'Cat system' on one side of the M838T engine mounted on a 12C rolling chassis from the showroom.

There are a total of 4 Catalytic converters (cats) in the car, i.e 2 primary and 2 secondary cats.

We can see one Primary and one Secondary Cat are being designed mounted as a single unit between the turbocharger and the Exhaust system.
I know Belg had discussed in the lowering post, the removal of the secondary cats which can not be achieved from below. The only way to access these cats or section of the exhaust system is from above, through the engine bay. Secondly you'd be better off buying this section already made with the cats already removed. I would recommend communicating with either the likes of Larini or Fabspeed to discuss fitment. The removal of the secondaries would require cutting and welding so now that section is potentially f..ked. Good luck Belg with all that. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
15 Posts

Rc33 kinda figured out we are from the same little island :)

Just got new cats n exhaust fitted on my car sounds so much better now

·
Registered
551 Posts
Spar I'm really interested whether the turbo's spool any faster thanks to this mod. i want it soooooo bad :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rc33 kinda figured out we are from the same little island :)

Just got new cats n exhaust fitted on my car sounds so much better now
Great! We need to meet up soon to hear and feel the prowess of your progress:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Spar I'm really interested whether the turbo's spool any faster thanks to this mod. i want it soooooo bad :)
Hi Belg,

as to whether it spools any faster i dont have the facts, but it does feel that the exhaust is not as restricted and has a slight more "pull" when you are accelerating.

with the new system you can hear the the turbos spooling :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
spar, which brand of cats n exhaust did you fit to your car?
douglas, do you have a brother? might be the douglas i know haha

exhaust is from cargraphic.

200cell sport cats compared to stock 800cell (at least from what im told), and rear muffler.

·
Registered
46 Posts
douglas, do you have a brother? might be the douglas i know haha

exhaust is from cargraphic.

200cell sport cats compared to stock 800cell (at least from what im told), and rear muffler.
yes are u justin?

didn't know cargraphic has race cats for mp4. does it trigger any warning lights after installation? any issues with heat?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
551 Posts
Just ordered the Larini Cat pipes with 300cells. They have a set that'll be ceramic coated by next week. Look forward to getting them and than find somebody to install them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just ordered the Larini Cat pipes with 300cells. They have a set that'll be ceramic coated by next week. Look forward to getting them and than find somebody to install them.
Great Belg! You pulled the trigger so fast!:D

Did you get the option of 300 cells for the primary and bypass for the secondary cat?:rolleyes:

We look forward to your feedback on your project updates.:)

Please include photographs and comparison weights of the components if it is convenient;)

·
Registered
551 Posts
What's the point loosing time. I want it... I need it bad :)

I think the weight difference could be neglectible but the better flow and the lesser restrictions the more fun the car will be.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yes are u justin?

didn't know cargraphic has race cats for mp4. does it trigger any warning lights after installation? any issues with heat?
Hahah yup didn't know you picked up a mclaren as well..

Let me know if you are interested la can get a set for you. No issues with check light or heat so far..

Sport cats 200 cell primary and by pass for secondary. As for the rear muffler you have the option for valve less or with valves

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Larini 'club sport' exhaust system

Got some feedback from a buddy who recently installed the Larini Ceramic coated Sport cat and Club Sport Muffler system.;)

His response: "The 12C definitely feels more responsive at low end, however the bigger difference happens from the mid range onwards as it pulls relentlessly from 4k rpm all the way to the limiter. You also get to enjoy the back fire pops, burbles and crackles upon throttle release. You can hear the turbo spinning and waste-gate 'whooshing' more obviously like a jet fighter.":p

Not forgetting the visible blue flames spitting out of the exhaust tips. :eek::eek::eek:

Another link for more videos and pictures:
http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66813

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Very interested!

Only concern is after installing a Capristo on the 16M it sets the radar off every time I go full throttle :(

Curious if Mac's with the upgrade have this issue?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yeah spitting turbo's is what we need. I hope to get them next week already and than find sombody to install them

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah spitting turbo's is what we need. I hope to get them next week already and than find sombody to install them
Hi Belg,
Have you managed to install your new cats yet?
Looking forward to hear your reviews.
Cheers

1 - 20 of 72 Posts