McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Boxer. I don't think one has developed yet but I was recently informed the body colours Black and VR were the most requested for new cars and VR for pre-owned.

Internal colour I would guess is Black in the UK from observation.

Some owners in the South like Black with thick psychedelic like paint runs.

The Orange with Black interior must be the classic choice?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Boxer. I don't think one has developed yet but I was recently informed the body colours Black and VR were the most requested for new cars and VR for pre-owned.

Internal colour I would guess is Black in the UK from observation.

Some owners in the South like Black with thick psychedelic like paint runs.

The Orange with Black interior must be the classic choice?
RIC Ron just call me with a litte bit of info,he told me VR was so COMMON its like RED on a ferrrai. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
I think VO and black combo (cars from Paris) are the default colours, like on the magazines, press shots, etc

·
Registered
240 Posts
McLaren Orange is the signature colour IMHO - its has the history from Bruce's early cars and the F1 etc as on display at the MTC. Its also the default highlight colour for all the bling they sell like the luggage, watch etc

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
If a red with tan or black interior is the basic Ferrari color combination, what would the McLaren equalivant be? Orange with a black interior?
That sounds about right, I figure if they call it McLaren orange there must be a valid reason for doing such. As for the interior that's anyone's guess, although black would be a pretty good and safe assumption. I must admit Mac has a beautiful colour assortment on top of which a wide variety of MSO colours the sky is the limit. Love my Mac. Cheers.....??

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
I think VO beats pap orange, but normally I'd choose Pap orange, but I think VO works very well with P1, its like a pearl colour that makes the surfaces even more interesting

Attachments

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Honestly I could care less, just give me the car and I'd be very happy. If for some reason I get bored or fed up of the colour I would get it completely repainted. The key here and I hope your all listening, give, give I'm not buying someone's going to give me the car "P1" hence not concerned what so ever about the colour. So who's it going to be I know someone out there has it in there heart to give me "a poor sap" one of these babies. Cheers....??to any one who is even considering it. ??

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
I'm thinking Volcano Orange seems to be banner-hue currently for McLaren Automotive. The prominence & prevalence of this colour is evident from the 12C to the touring example of the P1 that was unveiled in Paris & then traveled the U.S. (and elsewhere). It almost seems like a default natural progression of the Papaya Orange of yester'years.

Now w/ regards to a McLaren'esque spec-combo? Hmmm... I'm thinking Volcano Orange w/ black interior that has orange accents (contrast-stitching, textured inserts, trim, etc. in small'ish doses).

The one thing in particular I found appealing w/ regards to McLaren (during the F1 hey'day) was the unique & bold colours offered, that weren't generally seen in the exotic landscape in the past. They were classy & individualistic, while not being gaudy & tacky for the times (Lamborghini). And this was in a time of when silver, black, red (and yellow if you're a wild-one) were the du'jour exotic colours. Period.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Just Orange. Easier to maintain also.
As long as its shrink wrapped. Lol... Your right the solid colours are the way to go, but to each his own. I'm a lover of pure white yes its a base, yet it can provide a pretty good visual of the cars shapely lines. Once again to each his or her own, it all comes down to what ever makes you salivate. Oh yeah I'm just a plain Jane kind of sap. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yes, Pap Orange would be the base.
I thought the color would be too wild, but I have received nothing but high praises and compliments on it. No one here can even believe a 12C is in my town.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
It must be McLaren Orange (Papaya) because this is the colour Bruce chose to make the CAN-AM racecars stand out from the crowd, even black & white film! And stand out they did! Interior should be all aluminum like the racecars. Okay black will have to do.

I think McLaren has been trying to establish VO as the 'Ferrari red', but not sure it will take. Especially since it is very much a premium paint (to spec and also maintain), while a Rosso/tan Ferrari would appear to most as bog standard.

Only time will truly tell. What is the official story behind Rosso/tan anyway? Was it a nice black interior that faded to bile hue and somehow caught on? :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts