McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody try Macarbon's carbon paddles? I find the standard factory ones a bit small at times. Any feedback appreciated

·
Registered
271 Posts
Anybody try Macarbon's carbon paddles? I find the standard factory ones a bit small at times. Any feedback appreciated
Had them a couple of months, easy to install and it's obviously larger and easier to use.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not to take anything from Macarbon's and John's earned stellar reputation, but MSO also offers long carbon paddles. There was a picture in the MSO thread which I can't seem to find. Just a heads up about the only other (?) long paddle option.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not to take anything from Macarbon's and John's earned stellar reputation, but MSO also offers long carbon paddles. There was a picture in the MSO thread which I can't seem to find. Just a heads up about the only other (?) long paddle option.
what about the front grill bars , do you recommend it , you can check it in this link :

http://macarbon.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=788&category_id=257&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=315&lang=en

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm not in the best position to answer as I haven't owned a Macarbon accessory, although both friends and forums seem very happy with the quality and John's customer service.

There was another user here, Dennis, who seemed quite satisfied with his front slats.
Perhaps Macarbon owners may chime in and answer better than I can.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Apologies for the photo quality, this is from the MSO demonstrator. Someone posted that the MSO paddles are about 4-5k usd whereas the MaCarbon are a much more reasonable 750 usd?

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have the MACarbon paddles as well - everyone who has tried them loves them. Makes them easier to find, and I like the feel that my whole hand can grab them, as opposed to 2-3 fingers.

Also, they look badass.

·
Owner
277 Posts
I have them on my 12c and I like the way they look and feel much longer then stock they seem a little pricey for there size, they just stick on, they would also look a little better if you didn't see the face of the stock one in the middle of the paddle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the feedback and the photo.
I think the MSO ones look great, but at $4-5K plus install, will go with the Macarbon at under $1k.
I also ordered the small center console piece from them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Great! I should order one too! Any forum member discount?:eek:

·
Registered
289 Posts
<P>I ma working on 2 versions.</P>
A different version of the paddles, I will be interested as well.:)
Please pm me once available.

·
Registered
691 Posts
<obligatory rhetorical question as to why you're taking your hands off 3 & 9 >

I *think* the MSO paddles may replace the entire rocker with a carbon piece, explaining the price difference. This is purely conjecture, as I've not seen the MSO kit. However, on cars fitted with the MacCarbon pieces, you can still see the original rocker/paddle, and I can't see it on that MSO kit.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'm contemplating doing the same, I just hope that these paddle extensions prove to be solid. &#55357;&#56911;&#55357;&#56911;
They seem to be pretty solid. They have cutouts so that the standard paddle fits very snugly. They use double-sided tape and mount on the back side of the standard paddle (so you grip the carbon extension, not the paddle itself; every time you pull the paddle you're actually squeezing it further together so I'd think you were making it stronger.

On the other hand, if you're using them as actual extensions then you'll be leveraging the paddle against it's tape-mount. So I guess YMMV...

·
Registered
691 Posts
It's a custom bit a client had made for their car. I only posted the photo because I think they're the only thing less comprehensible (to me) than the carbon paddle extensions.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts